• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I have been wanting a Zastava PAP rifle really really bad. However the thing takes a 10 round single stack magazine. Thru Google searches I heard it MIGHT be possible to modify it top accept regular AK double stack mags. Others say it can't due to the narrower bullet guide, and something to do with with the receivers magazine well. I think some WASRs use single stack, but haven't found any more than 10 rounds. I did Google for higher capacity single stack mags, but no luck finding any. The problem with doing a Google search is all the contradicting info. If I really have to modify it, I'm not getting it, but if I can find some 20 round singlers it may be worth it. Any idears? If not, I'll just keep the Saiga all by itself.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Nope, nothing bigger than 10 in single-stack.

Whether a Zastava PAP can be modded to accept a double easily or not, I can't say for sure. But it would be unusual to change the bullet guide, trunnion, etc just for export. That requires machining different parts. They are trying to make a buck easily and narrowing the magwell to make it incompatible with double-stack mags is simple.

Saiga went one step further and removed the bullet guide altogether.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    That Zastava is a BEAUTY!!!! I've been tempted to get it but the 10rds are the reason I stay away.

You can find a Yugo AK, IIRC they are made in the same factory and they take hicaps

Sirex