• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Demolishboy

Oct 17, 2014
    Baltimore metro
    I have a newly purchased CZ P-10S which, because I am in Maryland came with two 10-round mags.
    Loading the mags to capacity is incredibly hard. It becomes a real struggle after round five or six.
    Have a look at the pic showing how CZ made sure only 10 rounds fit. That center section is wound tight as a tick.
    Anyone know of a spring swap to make loading easier and possibly allow a full 12 rounds?

Attachments

• IMG_4614.jpeg
      IMG_4614.jpeg
      257 KB · Views: 23

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I’m contemplating one of those pistols. I just figured on getting mags from out of State. I’m surprised to see that. I guess that’s how you take an 11-12 rounder to a 10 without a special mag body or base plate? Curious to see what it looks like in a full size or compact with the larger grip length.

You could try cutting a bit off the bottom if it won’t make the spring cockeyed in there. Otherwise carry 9 until you can get some normal mags. Contact CZ and ask to replace them due to not operating correctly(maybe try that first)

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I have a newly purchased CZ P-10S which, because I am in Maryland came with two 10-round mags.
    Loading the mags to capacity is incredibly hard. It becomes a real struggle after round five or six.
    Have a look at the pic showing how CZ made sure only 10 rounds fit. That center section is wound tight as a tick.
    Anyone know of a spring swap to make loading easier and possibly allow a full 12 rounds?
    Chantilly Gun Show -

APRIL 19, 20 & 21 | DULLES EXPO CENTER

4320 Chantilly Shopping Center
    Chantilly, VA 20153

HOURS:

Friday: 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM NEW!
    Saturday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
    Sunday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Demolishboy

Oct 17, 2014
    Baltimore metro
    I’m contemplating one of those pistols. I just figured on getting mags from out of State. I’m surprised to see that. I guess that’s how you take an 11-12 rounder to a 10 without a special mag body or base plate? Curious to see what it looks like in a full size or compact with the larger grip length.

You could try cutting a bit off the bottom if it won’t make the spring cockeyed in there. Otherwise carry 9 until you can get some normal mags. Contact CZ and ask to replace them due to not operating correctly(maybe try that first)
    Thanks for the comment. I was in PA yesterday and stopped by Farrar's Firearms in Waynesboro and cannot say enough good things about them. Really helpful. He pulled the spring, looked it over, offered to cut it and try to stretch it but said if it were him he'd stick with the mag it has and invest in a Maglula. I ended up buying one of those for $33 which is what they are online and a box of hollow points. That loader is life saver and with it I can get 10 in the way CZ intended. If I find myself somewhere that they sell CZs out of state I'll see if the 12 round spring fits in the same mag, which I suspect it will. I'm not interested in a longer mag as I like the concealability with the shorter grip of the P-10S. Haven't shot it yet but also will be curious to see if it prefers 124 or 115 grain ammo.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Thanks for the comment. I was in PA yesterday and stopped by Farrar's Firearms in Waynesboro and cannot say enough good things about them. Really helpful. He pulled the spring, looked it over, offered to cut it and try to stretch it but said if it were him he'd stick with the mag it has and invest in a Maglula. I ended up buying one of those for $33 which is what they are online and a box of hollow points. That loader is life saver and with it I can get 10 in the way CZ intended. If I find myself somewhere that they sell CZs out of state I'll see if the 12 round spring fits in the same mag, which I suspect it will. I'm not interested in a longer mag as I like the concealability with the shorter grip of the P-10S. Haven't shot it yet but also will be curious to see if it prefers 124 or 115 grain ammo.
    The maglula ought to help the break in now that you can fit all 10 in. Probably loosen up over time. My idea is to carry with the grip size mag but have the extended mags wherever I store the spares. I haven’t figure out yet how exactly I’m going carry everything just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom