• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Cashing in on the prepper craze. My wife and I laugh our asses off at those nut jobs every week.

You're right. Gerber is one of the few companies who does it right, I think. Kits available directly to customers and very visible in the Walking Dead, Man Vs. Wild, etc.

:thumbsup:

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    No issue with their quality, just symbolic of the times we live in. Surprised they didn't include their multi-tool though, it's actually pretty good (I have 2 of them for car/ backpack carry).

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I agree it needs a multitool and an option to add an e-tool(I say option because I have 2 already). Also did they fix the issues with the Parang coming apart? I know they recalled the old ones.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    dupe - this came out back during the first season of walking dead

never been that impressed with anything gerber other than the multi tools.

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    In the event of Zombie attack anyone relying on short bladed weapons is doomed, a long handled light maul, a pitchfork to pin them down, maybe a Japanese naga [I think that's the thing with the sword blade on like a six foot pole, may work, but a pocket knife is a pitiful weapon against any biting, gnashing flesh eater, dead or undead. A nice 30.06 with 130 grain hollow points may be more useful.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    That price is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. For that money, you could buy a good quality hatchet and large hacker made from 1080 steel from something like Ontario, a Victorinox Swiss Tool, a ZT or Benchmade general usage fixed blade, and a Benchmade folder like a Ritter Grip, which is among the best values for a real survival folder. My experience with more recent Gerber products has been anything but positive, and that price is simply over the top.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    In the event of Zombie attack anyone relying on short bladed weapons is doomed, a long handled light maul, a pitchfork to pin them down, maybe a Japanese naga [I think that's the thing with the sword blade on like a six foot pole, may work, but a pocket knife is a pitiful weapon against any biting, gnashing flesh eater, dead or undead. A nice 30.06 with 130 grain hollow points may be more useful.

Naginata. If you don't actually train with one, it's not effective for anything but poking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom