• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TEN-X

Aug 16, 2011
    Prince Frederick MD
    I built a 9MM on a Gun Point lower, Anderson upper, CMMG bolt Mec mags and 7.4 oz buffer. RRA 2 stage trigger would not reset. Tried a mil-spec DPMS. Will function with the safety removed but not with it installed. The lower looks really good and is well made??????????????

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Check edges of inside of sainfety walls for accessive rubbing. If rubbing a bit of sanding/filing may work. But very little, recheck, slow process....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Are the pins walking out ? My YMH was doing that took it apart confirmed the spring fit in the groove in the pin reassambled. Still walked so I put some no walk pins in it .
    The firing assembly is put together correctly ?

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I had a safety that was too large in diameter to allow the trigger to rise up enough to reset. Check for burs and/or try another safety. The trigger could e too large, same issue, trigger or safety?
    If it works fine without the safety, look there.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Is it possible that the disconnector spring is upside down? It is tapered, the fat end has to be down into the trigger relief fully..

TEN-X

Aug 16, 2011
    Prince Frederick MD
    Got it working!

I fired about 40 rds with the safety removed and broke the bolt catch. I've read this is a common 9mm problem. Reinstalled the RRA trigger and took about .002 of the safety flat. At the same time I got my 10.5" upper together. Installed it on the same lower and it functioned with or without the can. Put the 7.5" upper back on; would not reset....... soooo I swapped the 7.4 oz buffer for a stock and then an H2, and it worked. If I was building this for someone else I would have had to charge them $1000 labor and $500 for ammo!!!
    Thanks, everyone for all the input. I learned some new stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom