Are complete Aftermarket 10/22 receivers OK in MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cornelius

Trust Me, I Sell Cars
    Mar 5, 2019
    MD
    I was just looking into rebuilding one of my 10/22's and noticed that this TacSol Takedown receiver is labeled as "Not legal in Massachusetts and Maryland" on about a dozen websites. They wont ship them here. I have no clue what about this makes it a no-go here or if it's just an error from the distributor that they're just importing onto their websites. I realize it's a serialized item and has to be transferred, what makes this one any different?

Anyone have an idea?

Model XRATD-MB

Thanks
    101835-13014186.jpg

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I was just looking into rebuilding one of my 10/22's and noticed that this TacSol Takedown receiver is labeled as "Not legal in Massachusetts and Maryland" on about a dozen websites. They wont ship them here. I have no clue what about this makes it a no-go here or if it's just an error from the distributor that they're just importing onto their websites.

Anyone have an idea?

Model XRATD-MB

Thanks View attachment 417714
    Ask an FFL. I was unaware that they are banned. I have no clue on what grounds they would be.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Perhaps it is because it can be built into a handgun or SBR with OTC parts.

Cornelius

Trust Me, I Sell Cars
    Mar 5, 2019
    MD
    Ask an FFL. I was unaware that they are banned. I have no clue on what grounds they would be.
    Normally that would be my go-to move but these days it seems every FFL interprets things slightly different from one another. Figured I'd post here until I have a chance. Assuming there's several FFLs here as well.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    few years ago I built a 10/22 from a Kidd receiver and parts. Own a stock 10/22 takedown. both were legal at the time and nothing has changed as far as I know.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Try Brownell's or Wirthwein. They've both shipped to MD in the not-so-distant past.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    They're not illegal in MD but a lot of online retailers don't think we're a big enough market to even check.
    Liability measures. One online retailer will sell you every individual part for an AR-15 upper assembly many times. They will not sell a built upper assembly of ANY barrel type to ban states.

After listening to the dipsh^t mayor of Philly, the one who basically set himself up for a legal scalding hot bath, you can't blame some of the retailers.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As the. Thread had been going :

There is nothing prohibiting under Federal or State Law . However , various sellers have their own " store policies " .

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    It's not that they are illegal here in MD but that the retailer has decided not to do business with anyone that lives here and won't ship to MD. Just like OpticsPlanet.com will not ship ammo to MD. They had a sale on some ammo about a month ago and when I went to put it in my cart and pay was informed they didn't ship to MD.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    It's not that they are illegal here in MD but that the retailer has decided not to do business with anyone that lives here and won't ship to MD. Just like OpticsPlanet.com will not ship ammo to MD. They had a sale on some ammo about a month ago and when I went to put it in my cart and pay was informed they didn't ship to MD.
    OpticsPlanet saved you a ton of grief by refusing your order. They have got to be the worst vendor I've ever tried to use.

SGammo.com or TargetSportsUSA.com will ship here and give far better service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom