• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Does anyone know any details about the AFT alert for Anne Arundel County about a burglary that went out late yesterday afternoon?

The text of the message I received was:

"This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. A Federal firearms licensee in Anne Arundel County, MD has experienced a burglary that resulted in the theft of firearms. Please ensure the security of both your inventory and property and report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department. Additionally, notify ATF at 888-367-5762 if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen."

AvidRider

Dec 3, 2010
    Does anyone know any details about the AFT alert for Anne Arundel County about a burglary that went out late yesterday afternoon?

The text of the message I received was:

"This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. A Federal firearms licensee in Anne Arundel County, MD has experienced a burglary that resulted in the theft of firearms. Please ensure the security of both your inventory and property and report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department. Additionally, notify ATF at 888-367-5762 if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen."
    Seems to be a scam to me. Searching the phone number and ATF online does not yield a positive result to the ATF website. You'd think a number used by ATF as a hotline would yield results.

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Seems to be a scam to me. Searching the phone number and ATF online does not yield a positive result to the ATF website. You'd think a number used by ATF as a hotline would yield results.

No, I think it's legit. I have a C&R, and I get these types of alerts occasionally. Usually I am able to figure out who/what/when/where, but I haven't been able to this time. I will grant you that it's odd it doesn't come up as belonging to them.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Probably a ton of non store front FFLs out there. Could be a break in of someone's house.

Wish they would provide a bit more detail to help asses the risk level/proximity of the event.

I went back through prior emails, and they do distinguish between attempted break-ins versus successful robberies. The ATF phone number to call to report activity has been the same for all of them.

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    There is also a public download excel sheet of all active FFL’s from the BATFE. Link below.

Happily, that doesn't appear to include 03 holders in the download, even though they list the different types on the page you submit from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom