• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I heard a rumor today and not sure if it's just a rumor?? Several Imported AKM receivers come as 10 rounders and then converted to take HiCap mags when they are imported into the US. The rumor I heard was the ATF will be banning the conversion of the receiver to take Hi Caps.....is this so?? I did a quick Google Search and did not see anything.

If this is the case, this would put companies like Arsenal and even CAI in a world of hurt. Of course the receivers could be manufactured in the US but this would keep these receivers LoCap.

I hope its just a rumor?

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    If they get it in for "sporting purposes" what else would really apply other than 922r where applicable?

I really hope thats a rumor. I've been seriously considering buying a Saiga and converting it.

All your threads about AK's got me thinking and now I want one! It's all your fault, FPS. Stop temping me to spend my money- it gets hard to hide after a while :)

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    If they get it in for "sporting purposes" what else would really apply other than 922r where applicable?

I really hope thats a rumor. I've been seriously considering buying a Saiga and converting it.

All your threads about AK's got me thinking and now I want one! It's all your fault, FPS. Stop temping me to spend my money- it gets hard to hide after a while :)

I was window shopping for AK's when I heard this rumor. Why should I stop you....buy a nice AK for your collection

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    First I've heard, and it sounds a lot like a FUDD sales pitch in advance of an election to me. If true it would mean the death of the WASRs but not much else. Saigas are already double-stack when they come in the country.

There's already a bunch of laws around sporter conversions, and the BATFE can't suddenly decide that 922(r) is null and void on their own.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    robs right, saigas and such wouldnt have a single issue with this since they already accept double stack mags...granted minor modification needs to be made to the 5.56 and 7.62 models for standard mags to work, but still...

they cant enforcing something like this, i wouldnt shed a drop of sweat over it. 99% chance its just some sales pitch or whatever...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom