• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Deja vu

The BATFE says something was legal to own, and then changes their mind making criminals out of law abiding citizens.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    You lose some range and effect on target, but training force-on-force with airsoft is a viable substitute if you cannot get simunitions.
    It's the only alternative that allows you to work a reasonable number of reps without a FULL set of host weapons and SIM slides/BCGs. I've used a reasonable amount of FX ammo, own personal conversion kits for multiple weapons, and I can tell you that if you think you are getting mag after mag of reliability from them you are quite wrong. I typically stripped, snaked, wiped, and lubed the moving parts after each iteration. This is not conducive to a handoff of kit to the next group for their turn. The cost is not feasible for most organizations. The FX credentialing process is onerous. The ammo itself is very expensive, and the conversion kits are salty. Add in the original host weapon cost and its pretty retarded.

The newer GBB airsof stuff has gotten better. It is being used by civilians, contractors, Fed LE, and even .mil for training as it is a LOT cheaper to buy and run. It is usable for close range stuff. I'd call it 10yd or a bit more. Buy the 170psi propellant. You will bleed if hit on bare skin at very close range.

More on topic, banning smokers and training bangs is just more petty atf bull.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Don't these idiots have any real problems to solve. SMFH.
    Nope,, they have locked up all the White Supremacists,, So now they have to tackle the "Paint ball crowd problem".

You remember in ~2007ish when they went full bore on the Model Rocketry clubs,,,,
    "Those Nerdy kids with the bottle bottom glasses and pocket protectors are a national threat!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom