Baltimore to Williamsport drive - LGS must stops?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I have to make a run to Williamsport tomorrow afternoon (I have to pick up a flux capacitor for work).
    What LGS should I drop in to eye fornicate the merchandise and possibly pick up some "Freedom seed feeding devices" ?

I like old school places, that may have some older ruger rifles, lever action stuff, etc.

Heading up 83 to Harrisburg,,
    22 north to 15, (Liverpool, Snellensgorve, Shamoken Dam,
    11 to 147, North Cumberland, Milton, etc
    180 to Williamsport.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Unfortunately I got a late start,,
    all the small shops were closed by the time I cleared Harrisburg,,

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I did managed to make it to Euro Optic before,,, Some of their Holosun items were well below typ online pricing,, most was equal to average online.
    It is a neat store,, with a large amount of guns,, no junk, mostly mid to high end.
    Hundreds of optics,, the largest display of optics in any store I have ever seen.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I’m giving this a bump in case someone is looking to make this same trek. You have to visit Hafer’s Gunsmithing. He used to have a tiny place in Williamsport but moved into a much larger (now, too small!) place a few miles away just outside Hagerstown a few years ago, plus opened a second equally large place in WV. I did a fair amount of business with him before I retired, huge selection, great place, great crew. Worth the trip, even just to sight see.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Sauer's Trading on Southern Ave on south side of river.
    Years ago I went in there and spotted a Mexican Mauser that I SHOULD Have purchased but it was later purchased by a fellow cruffler here on MDS.
    Small town shop

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I’m giving this a bump in case someone is looking to make this same trek. You have to visit Hafer’s Gunsmithing. He used to have a tiny place in Williamsport but moved into a much larger (now, too small!) place a few miles away just outside Hagerstown a few years ago, plus opened a second equally large place in WV. I did a fair amount of business with him before I retired, huge selection, great place, great crew. Worth the trip, even just to sight see.
    The OP was going to Williamsport Pa, not Maryland. No where near Hagerstown

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    An update,
    My favorite stop is now at "Guns Plus" just North of Harrisburg (PA) on rt 15, about ~6-8 miles.
    They are well stocked with new and used long guns AND they are a "Henry Gold Dealer" with a separate "Henry room that typ has 30-40 Henry rifles in stock,, the prices were MRSP or below,, NO LGS price scalping here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom