• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    I too have handled the DT-10/11 and though, "Oh Yeaaah!". And DT-10's come and go regularly around $5K. I figure I could sell my 682 throw in a couple thousand and be close. Then I think, "I don't want to sell my 682, its a great looking, well made gun that I shoot well". The DT's are sweet but I don't know that I'd break more targets with one. Or maybe I would?

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Ask him if he can arrange a trip down to Berretta so you can go try what they have in stock. I would think they could accommodate that given you want to buy a DT11 not a A400.

I'm pretty sure that Beretta now does all its warehousing in Fredericksburg, VA. That site was developed the last time the MD legislature played games with the gun laws and the Beretta family. For now, Accokeek is their primary manufacturing plant in the U.S., as well as engineering and marketing offices. As soon as the Gatlinburg TN plant is operational, there will be very little left in MD. When I purchased guns through my connection, they were shipped either to the Accokeek plant or my FFL from Fredericksburg.

I've gone through their displays in the Accokeek conference rooms. They basically have one of each model to show off their wares, but it wouldn't have all the various options like barrel length, adjustable comb, or skeet- vice trap- vice sporting- specific versions.

JoeR

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'm pretty sure that Beretta now does all its warehousing in Fredericksburg, VA. That site was developed the last time the MD legislature played games with the gun laws and the Beretta family. For now, Accokeek is their primary manufacturing plant in the U.S., as well as engineering and marketing offices. As soon as the Gatlinburg TN plant is operational, there will be very little left in MD. When I purchased guns through my connection, they were shipped either to the Accokeek plant or my FFL from Fredericksburg.

I've gone through their displays in the Accokeek conference rooms. They basically have one of each model to show off their wares, but it wouldn't have all the various options like barrel length, adjustable comb, or skeet- vice trap- vice sporting- specific versions.

JoeR

Well then, going to Accokeek to look at them wouldn't be such a great idea. Now, if I am spending that amount of coin on one, I wouldn't mind driving to Fredericksburg, Virginia. I head that way a couple times a year when we go to visit my in-laws in Florida. Nothing like picking up a new DT-11 on the way home from Disney World. lol

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I too have handled the DT-10/11 and though, "Oh Yeaaah!". And DT-10's come and go regularly around $5K. I figure I could sell my 682 throw in a couple thousand and be close. Then I think, "I don't want to sell my 682, its a great looking, well made gun that I shoot well". The DT's are sweet but I don't know that I'd break more targets with one. Or maybe I would?

You wouldn't pick up any additional targets if your current gun shoots well and fits you well. I pretty much know why I miss every target, and it has nothing to do with the gun, especially at trap. Granted, every once in a while I am left scratching my head, and that is when things get really bad (e.g., the load must not have been dense enough, pellets moving too fast, pellets moving too slow, was I too far ahead or was I too far behind, maybe the choke was too tight and I barely missed, maybe the choke was too open and the bird flew through the shot string). Yep, when I don't have a clue why I missed, it really starts to screw with my head. I should just blame those misses on the gun not pointing where I aimed it and therefore needing a DT-11 with auto lock radar and clay seeking pellets.

My vices are guns, cycling, hunting, shooting, and fishing, and like almost everything else, they can be as cheap or expensive as one wants them to be.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    The DT-11 is a sweet piece. I had the pleasure of trying out Bruce Ney's while shooting there a few summers ago. They lock up like fuggin VAULTS, fit and finish is top of the line for Beretta (obviously).

If I was spending that kind of coin I'd strongly consider a used Pro Sporter, my buddy just bought one from a guy on SGW, right around the same price point as what you are talking about. Its pretty badass, vintage scroll grade, deeply figured wood, nickel top latch, 32's.......

Gary has shot 3 times this year on my nights (5 stand @ Oxford). I've stood back and watched him instruct, pretty much the same method as all Master Class (pro level) clays shooters, basically saying,..... "More space",........"further". :D

From what I read, he was the best in the WORLD at one point, certainly by far the best in Europe.

All that being said, ef the haters, the resale on higher end guns is insane, I've had probably 10 or more Brownings (and up) in the last 3 years, never lost a penny on one and essentially shot for free (ask El-Flasko) ;)

I disagree with not picking up a few targets here and there with a correctly fitting "high(er) end" gun too, but, that's for another thread.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Well then, going to Accokeek to look at them wouldn't be such a great idea. Now, if I am spending that amount of coin on one, I wouldn't mind driving to Fredericksburg, Virginia. I head that way a couple times a year when we go to visit my in-laws in Florida. Nothing like picking up a new DT-11 on the way home from Disney World. lol

It's the wrong direction, but if I were buying a DT-11, I'd head for Ligonier, PA and visit Joel Etchen Guns. His shop has the best selection of high-end shotguns in the mid-Atlantic. Just browsing his website puts me in Pavlovian salivation mode!

JoeR

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Your timing is good. There is a promo on the DT11s till the end of the month. Buy a DT11 get a extra trigger group for free.

http://www.cabelas.com/assets/pdfs/beretta_free_trigger_offer_7-31-15.pdf

You are not helping me with this. lol

No way I would make a near $9,000 decision based upon a promo that ends in 3 weeks. Did not even know I wanted the gun until this past Sunday. Depending on how things shake out this year for me, it might end up being a Christmas present.

Ironically, when I bought my 682 Gold E, it came with a "free" 3901 semi-auto that is my backup hunting gun for wingshooting.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    It's the wrong direction, but if I were buying a DT-11, I'd head for Ligonier, PA and visit Joel Etchen Guns. His shop has the best selection of high-end shotguns in the mid-Atlantic. Just browsing his website puts me in Pavlovian salivation mode!

JoeR

Before I even looked, I just knew it was going to be on the way to Pittsburgh. Sadly, I have no reason to drive out that way any time soon that I know of. However, a gun might be good enough reason by itself.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    The DT-11 is a sweet piece. I had the pleasure of trying out Bruce Ney's while shooting there a few summers ago. They lock up like fuggin VAULTS, fit and finish is top of the line for Beretta (obviously).

If I was spending that kind of coin I'd strongly consider a used Pro Sporter, my buddy just bought one from a guy on SGW, right around the same price point as what you are talking about. Its pretty badass, vintage scroll grade, deeply figured wood, nickel top latch, 32's.......

Gary has shot 3 times this year on my nights (5 stand @ Oxford). I've stood back and watched him instruct, pretty much the same method as all Master Class (pro level) clays shooters, basically saying,..... "More space",........"further". :D

From what I read, he was the best in the WORLD at one point, certainly by far the best in Europe.

All that being said, ef the haters, the resale on higher end guns is insane, I've had probably 10 or more Brownings (and up) in the last 3 years, never lost a penny on one and essentially shot for free (ask El-Flasko) ;)

I disagree with not picking up a few targets here and there with a correctly fitting "high(er) end" gun too, but, that's for another thread.

Yes, a higher end gun allows for more "confidence", a placebo effect, and more self esteem, etc., so it helps the mind.

When I got some high dollar carbon fiber wheels for my bike, I thought I was super fast. Man, they just felt and looked fast. Did a 40km time trial and I actually did worse. Of course, there were so many variables, like temperature, wind, hydration, sleep, food consumption, etc.

Cycling has a lot to do with the engine. Shooting has a lot to do with eye hand coordination and seeing the same targets over and over again. Yes, the primo equipment helps, but notwhere near as much as practice.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Can't be talked out of a Beretta..........

Egggggsshhhhhhhhh!

Sure I can. I buy Benelli shotguns once in a while and don't usually buy Beretta rifles or handguns. Only have a single Beretta handgun.

Thing is, the one DT-11 I brought up just felt awesome. I almost did not want to give it back to Gary, but $8,500 made me say "Think about it" to myself and he was finally able to pry it from my hands. It was just that one out of the four I tried.

sbowers

Jun 15, 2012
    I would suggest Cove Creek outfitters as a retailer for your purchase. They have a great selection and by far the best prices I have seen. I purchased a 692 Sporting from them in January for $3699, and they have a very large selection on hand.

I've shot many Krieghoffs and just didn't care for them. They are heavy and not lively at all I have never shot a parcours model, maybe that would persuade me. That being said, the DT-11 are also very heavy. At your price point, I would seriously consider a Blaser, especially if you shoot sub gauge since the barrels are interchangeable without fitting. Yes, the barrels are more expensive than tubes but they don't change the balance of the gun.

It is refreshing to hear about a sporting gun on this forum.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD

Speak of the devil, and right here in B-more:

http://www.trapshooters.com/threads/betetta-dt10-sporting-32.244741/

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    The privilege of laughin' at all those silly unsophisticates who have the nerve to show up at the trap range with a boom stick with only a THREE digit price tag.

Yep, shot trap with my dad and his buddies Thursday two weeks ago at Oxford. There was a Silver Sietz, Perazzi, High end Browning and Beretta trap guns on the line......OK so my 25+ year old Browning Special Sporting Clays barely cracked the four digit range ($1100) new, but the scores were right there with the expensive boys.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I like the Special Sporting, solid gun. We have a guy that shoots a shit older 391 (Not Teknys or Gold Target) on Tuesdays, he will easily whip ANYONE at any given time (repeatedly).

Matter of fact, he'll pick up any gun in the rack and do it, I'd put money on him over and over again.
    All that being said, I really do appreciate the workmanship and quality of materials in the higher end guns. Not uncommon for us to have $100k in less than 10 guns on a rack at one time.

Last edited:

sbowers

Jun 15, 2012
    I like the Special Sporting, solid gun. We have a guy that shoots a shit older 391 (Not Teknys or Gold Target) on Tuesdays, he will easily whip ANYONE at any given time (repeatedly).

Matter of fact, he'll pick up any gun in the rack and do it, I'd put money on him over and over again.
    All that being said, I really do appreciate the workmanship and quality of materials in the higher end guns. Not uncommon for us to have $100k in less than 10 guns on a rack at one time.

Is it Jared Rumer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom