• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    The Berwyn gun club in Bowie, Md. is about to reopen their pistol and rifle ranges in a few weeks and are looking for new members. The trap range has been open for a while. They have completly redone the entire range. The range is 20 minutes driving from the (Washington)beltway and 15-20 minutes from Annapolis. If you are interested in joining or checking it out e-mail me (if and after I join, I'll get 50 bucks for every new person I bring in :D ). The contact numbers are on their website www.berwyn.org if you don't want to go thru a greedy sonb'tch, like me. ;)

Mark

Last edited:

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    They have been saying it was going to open for at least two years now...damn they need to hurry up!!! Im tired of driving out to the easter shore or to va to shoot!!! I wanna place where i live, here in good ol Bowie Maryland dammit!!

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I live here too. I saw the new ranges last Saturday and I was frickin impressed. Seems like there would be a lot of rules, but it would be worth it. The 50 ft and the 50 yrd ranges will be openning any time now and should be open by the beginning of June. The 100 yrd range looked almost done as well and I think it is planned to be openned soon too. Trap shooting has been open for a while now.

Do you shoot pistols at Md Small Arms in Capitol Heights (Forrestville)?

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    Yeah that is where i shoot at now...I was just there a couple days ago...rented a glock 21..the guy next to me was shooting a springfield .40 and that thing was freaking LOUD! The blast and concussion were much more intense than the .45 i was using, very impressive..I want one! lol

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    If things go right I am trying to go there tomorrow in the early afternoon to MdSA. I might not if I can't make enough .45 tonight.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Does Berwyn have range officers? Can members shoot when they are not present?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    K31 said:
    Does Berwyn have range officers? Can members shoot when they are not present?
    All members are range officers. You can shoot pistol, rifle and I think bow even when no one else is there from 8:00 AM till sunset every day but Sunday (10:00 AM) no problem. They make all members attend a safety meeting before we can shoot by ourselves.

Only the the trap machine is supervised and they only use it on Tuesdays and Saturdays (with a few exceptions).

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    novus collectus said:
    All members are range officers. You can shoot pistol, rifle and I think bow even when no one else is there from 8:00 AM till sunset every day but Sunday (10:00 AM) no problem. They make all members attend a safety meeting before we can shoot by ourselves

That might make it worth-while.

What about targets? Do they allow anything other than paper? I'm not interested in shooting anything dangerous or that leaves trash around but I do like shooting clays with a rifle as a change.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    wish they werent so costly :( makes it hard for young shooters like me to enjoy the sport. no scholarships for students?:innocent0

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    K31 said:
    That might make it worth-while.

What about targets? Do they allow anything other than paper? I'm not interested in shooting anything dangerous or that leaves trash around but I do like shooting clays with a rifle as a change.
    Sadly, no clay pigeons, no water filled milk jugs and no ****(I have a case of ****:( ). Just paper on an 18" wide frame.

Last edited by a moderator:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    IDriveB5 said:
    wish they werent so costly :( makes it hard for young shooters like me to enjoy the sport. no scholarships for students?:innocent0
    I feel your pain. I'm a student too (I go to school within hearing distance of the range as a matter of fact) and I only went part time this semester so that I could get a job and pay membership dues.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    John was a member in the late 80s. He was also President of the Maryland State Rifle & Pistol Assn. in my last Term as Harford County Chairman(1989).

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Lambo said:
    John was a member in the late 80s. He was also President of the Maryland State Rifle & Pistol Assn. in my last Term as Harford County Chairman(1989).
    If I remember, I will ask some other members.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Geez!!!! I want to live in Oklahoma now. I think that looks even better than the Kentucky machine gun shoot might be.

They allow full-auto at Berwyn, but I think they are still trying to figure out if mounted MGs should be allowed too.

If you know of a place in MD (like someone's farm maybe) that allows ****, then I'll bring the ****.:party29:

Last edited by a moderator:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I've got a friend with a couple hundred acres in Southern MD where we shoot trap, but I'm not sure how he or his neighbors feel about ****. I'll have to ask him next time I see him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom