• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If anyone is waiting to join the Berwyn Club I suggest you wait no longer.

I was at the monthly meeting last night and they announced that the membership was up to about 250 members. This is out of a possible 350 members. That may seem like they have a long way to go but they also announced last night that they have a list of over 300 interested parties from recent gun shows that hey have yet to contact.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Dues are currently $225 annually and there is a $175 range improvement fee which I am told may be reduced as membership reaches the max.

In case you think the range improvement fee is excessive, I am told that the improvements that they now have in place are going to be required of virtually all ranges, nationwide, in the near future. This is because all of them must do some sort of lead abatement of the soil to comply with the EPA. Also, the insurance company that once insured virtually all ranges abruptly stopped doing so and the new one asks that all ranges have overhead barriers to prevent expended ammo from leaving the property.

Ranges that don't at least start some type of lead abatement program leave themselves vulnerable to individual complaints that the EPA is then obligated to act on.

I personally spent $40 in gas money last weekend driving to the range I previously frequented. I figure I'll make money on this deal especially if gas goes to over $3/gal as is predicted this summer.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    thats not too bad of a price. im sure i spend at least that in hourly fees in a year. if i lived closer, i would probably be on it.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I might have to check it out for next year. Already have a membership at On Target and I don't get to shoot rifles much.

Of course if I had a membership to a local rifle range, that might change....:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom