• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    Anyone got a lead on a MD compliant AR-15? Prefer free float barrel. No optics or sights required. I'm liking the Ruger 8537.

My son's birthday is coming up, and he'll be legal to buy. I'd like to help him buy his first gun for his birthday. I know I missed some Black Friday sales... but seeing if there is anything else out there (prefer local, but online is fine).

Thanks!

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Anyone got a lead on a MD compliant AR-15? Prefer free float barrel. No optics or sights required. I'm liking the Ruger 8537.

My son's birthday is coming up, and he'll be legal to buy. I'd like to help him buy his first gun for his birthday. I know I missed some Black Friday sales... but seeing if there is anything else out there (prefer local, but online is fine).

Thanks!

Hanover Armory near BWI builds their own. Cool little shop and great guys that run the place. All kinds of configurations available and at good prices I have found and they provide a lifetime warranty.

They also do their own cerakoting and have some pretty awesome finishes available off the shelf.

My buddy bought that Ruger you mentioned and the gas block came off at about 200 rounds. Just needed to be re secured but a bit concerning. It also looked very cheap compared to other mil spec gas blocks i've seen.

cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    Hanover Armory near BWI builds their own. Cool little shop and great guys that run the place. All kinds of configurations available and at good prices I have found and they provide a lifetime warranty.

Awesome! I'll be stopping in there tomorrow to check it out! Thanks!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    if you want something a little special/individualized, check out aero precision and their m4e1 enhanced builder sets. get their matched upper, lower & handguard and then add barrel, stock, bcg, trigger group, etc etc.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Check South Carroll Sporting Goods to see if they have any left. They had a bunch of ARs pretty cheap around Black Friday

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    just to update aero, they're currently having 15% off their already discounted blemished pieces, to midnight. i have some of their blems and have no idea where the blem is... lower, upper (enhanced with flange-mount for handguard) and 15" handguard for sub $300 and free ship.

tbmcdermott1

Mar 26, 2018
    Baltimore
    Check out Baltimore Custom Guns
    7452 Holabird Ave.
    Balto, Md 21222
    410-288-4867
    AR's between $500-$620 and they're locally made with lifetime warranty.

cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    I wanted to come back and provide an update. He ended up picking out a gun from Hanover Armory. It was more than I wanted to spend, but it seemed like a cool shop, and anyway... it was a good fit for us.

He picked out one he liked off the wall, and we had them swap the grip. I already had the MagPul irons, so we bought it without sights/optic and saved a little bit there. It was nice to be able to custom configure at time of purchase.

Thanks for the pointers.

We took it home and did a complete disassembly so I could teach him how it works, and then lubed it up on reassembly.

Here's a pic of him zeroing the sights. Ran like a top, with not so much as a hiccup.

Attachments

• IMG_20191214_145538.jpg
      IMG_20191214_145538.jpg
      86.5 KB · Views: 934

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I wanted to come back and provide an update. He ended up picking out a gun from Hanover Armory. It was more than I wanted to spend, but it seemed like a cool shop, and anyway... it was a good fit for us. Thanks for the pointers.

We took it home and did a complete disassembly so I could teach him how it works, and then lubed it up on reassembly.

Here's a pic of him zeroing the sights. Ran like a top, with not so much as a hiccup.

Good looking set up. And good on you for supporting a local business. That rifle should serve him well for a very long time. It's great to see people passing firearm knowledge and safety down to their kids. My parents never owned firearms, but I plan to one day do as you have done to my own.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

Thanks!

Try https://warriorarmament.com/ call John. also does Cerakote finish

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom