• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    A service you hope to never have to use, but a phone number you should have in your phone.

Who do you trust, and any antidotes about bad locksmiths appreciated. :)

This question inspired by this enlightening article from angieslist:

http://www.angieslist.com/articles/7-tips-avoid-locksmith-scams.htm?CID=TBL343&utm_source=taboola

I do not subscribe to angieslist, nor do I offer locksmithing services. This is an important issue for most all of us at one time or another in our lives.

aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    It's funny, I handle a ton of evictions and my locksmith is a guy I've used for years, but he doesn't have a storefront (that I know of), and he shows up in a 30 year old Caddy with all his equipment in the trunk.

im_mac

Dec 17, 2008
    Bel Air
    That video sound exactly like my experience. I got locked out and used my phone find a local number. 2+ hours later a guy shows up, saying it took so long because he is based on the other side of Baltimore. Then the price changed from X to open your simple door to X to look at door and X+Y to break it or X+2Y to not break it, but open it. I eventually just paid him X to leave and was eventually able to get in with the rental office's help. I think he was Israeli too...

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Liberty Lock & Security
    They sell, deliver and install gun safes too.

Hi.

Do you have any affiliation with this company?

Have they performed work for you? If so, What did you think of their service and price?

I'm finding both extreme positives and negatives. Would like the ground truth about this company... your opinions and comments much appreciated.

I've checked Yelp (8 of 8 people gave highest rating), CitySearch and Patch articles to name a few.

This thread is about real peoples personal knowledge and experience with a locksmith company in central Maryland. We would appreciate your candid opinion.

Thanks!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    After looking for reviews and information about Pimilco, I found only positive reviews in my quick search.

I checked AngiesList, Manta, CitySearch, to name a few. I don't have any interest in this except to help others and maybe find a competent and reliable locksmith company that I hope to never have to call.

aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    It's funny, I handle a ton of evictions and my locksmith is a guy I've used for years, but he doesn't have a storefront (that I know of), and he shows up in a 30 year old Caddy with all his equipment in the trunk.

To give some more info on my guy. His outfit is called Chaim Locksmith. http://www.angieslist.com/companylist/us/md/pikesville/chain-locksmith-reviews-214281.htm

I've used him to re-key locks and have new locks installed. Some of my buddys with whole apartment complexes have had him do whole master systems.

He's good, but he doesn't have the professionalism that a lot of people want; i.e. a storefront and a work truck.

MRA

Dec 10, 2010
    Damascus
    Hi.

Do you have any affiliation with this company?

Have they performed work for you? If so, What did you think of their service and price?

I'm finding both extreme positives and negatives. Would like the ground truth about this company... your opinions and comments much appreciated.

I've checked Yelp (8 of 8 people gave highest rating), CitySearch and Patch articles to name a few.

This thread is about real peoples personal knowledge and experience with a locksmith company in central Maryland. We would appreciate your candid opinion.

Thanks!

I have had them do work for me. They have also done work for other family members. Last week Liberty took care of an emergency lock out situation for a friend. In each case, they did a great job.

The owner is pro 2A and very knowledgeable about military firearms. He was in Annapolis last legislative session also.

I recommend Liberty because I know they do quality work and it is a well run organization. Then, there is the bonus that the owner is pro 2A and active in pro 2A activities.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I have had them do work for me. They have also done work for other family members. Last week Liberty took care of an emergency lock out situation for a friend. In each case, they did a great job.

The owner is pro 2A and very knowledgeable about military firearms. He was in Annapolis last legislative session also.

I recommend Liberty because I know they do quality work and it is a well run organization. Then, there is the bonus that the owner is pro 2A and active in pro 2A activities.

Excellent. Thank you.

This was exactly the purpose of my starting this thread, to discover legitimate, respectable companies in this line of business.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom