• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Do most bowling alleys give away or sell used bowling pins? I am looking for a few to take to the range for some longer range pistol shooting -50 yards plus. Think it would be fun for the 3 Hooligans, +1 crew to have at it- we all shoot 1911's (and other pistols).

Ive seen some at Gander Mtn, but at $30 a pop. For something that probably wont last long is pricey.

Is there a better source for old bowling pins?

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    What about steel targets shaped like bowling pins? Cost more but will last longer. Otherwise I would think you could stop in to a bowling alley and talk to the manager. They may have some damaged ones you can shoot

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    What about steel targets shaped like bowling pins? Cost more but will last longer. Otherwise I would think you could stop in to a bowling alley and talk to the manager. They may have some damaged ones you can shoot

We already shoot at a steel spinner. I think a genuine bowling pin would be fun to shoot, and walk/spin across the range for practicing shooting at different distances.

Washington DC is a bit far for me to get bowling pins, lol. I dont get down to the DC area anymore - havent been down that way in years. I may have to check some of the bowling alleys in my neck of the woods. The local one closed years ago though :(

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    25 years ago I asked the manager at a bowling alley about his old pins and he gave them to me. At that time a local range just started a weekly pin shoot and the manager of the range gave me free entry into the shoots in exchange for the pins.

I do not know what the alleys do today. Be aware, a bullet will bounce off of a pin at weird angles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom