• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    Yesterday, I had the pleasure of working with Armed Ferret. He helped me press in the barrels of my three builds; Polish Tantal, Yugo and Romanian. All went well except for a little 'resistance' by the Yugo. Uncle Tito does it again with the non-standard lay-out. I have a little finishing pin setting to do but its about time to read the instructions for putting the FCG in and fit the stocks, etc.

Mr. Ferret showed me some of his toys. Sweet

Thank you to all of you that have helped me with this effort. Its getting close now. As I'm to inept to post pictures, you can start the 'fat girl' pics now. ;)

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Sounds like a funfest. Maybe I could bring a few toys. I have a few projects to finish so any guidance would be appreciated. I look foreward to meeting more SO MD shooters. See Yall John B

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Mr. Kalashnikov does not approve of pictures of fat ladies.

But does approve of comrade Ferret's efforts to remanufacture evil firearms on American soil!

Attachments

• ak47_3a.jpg
      ak47_3a.jpg
      50.2 KB · Views: 147

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    Test fired the Romanian yesterday; perfect function. With some extra hands, got the barrel pin seated on the Yugo. Tested with two rounds, first round failed to fully extract, cleared, second round OK but the bolt is hanging up on the return motion. As I was putting it together, I noted that I was missing the little pivet spacer thingy that goes in the trigger and disconnecter to hold it in place. Too much play in the trigger without it, so I'm putting it aside until I can get the part. At least it goes 'bang'.

I'm still looking at all the parts with the Tantal fcg. I have some special instrustions somewhere that I'll pull out to get it going.

Now, I NEED to get the optics rails mounted on the Romanian and Yugo. :thumbsup:

Plus get my AR lower put together. At least I have another lower to go with my new upper for now. 20" SS bull barrel flat top to reach out a little farther for groundhogs and such. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom