• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    I have never heard of fit and finish causing a failure. Fit and finish is describing the aesthetics', not the function. Does the wood stock seamlessly tie into the metal. Is the machining on the exterior straight. Are there tool marks.

Fit and finish is more than aesthetics, which is why they describe it as FIT and finish. Fit describes how the various parts interact with each other. The TFBTV video indicated that the stock did not fit tightly with the receiver. Apparently a roll pin worked its way loose and they did not stop to fix it so there was a mechanical failure after 400 straight rounds of firing.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    I decided to try the Pro R12 semi since it was stupid cheap from PSA, I got the nickel plated version for $299 shipped, the black one was $199.
    Came with the pistol grip and chokes.

Attachments

• 6D7B574D-6647-4923-9AB9-870720C66C5C.jpeg
      6D7B574D-6647-4923-9AB9-870720C66C5C.jpeg
      33.7 KB · Views: 129

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I decided to try the Pro R12 semi since it was stupid cheap from PSA, I got the nickel plated version for $299 shipped, the black one was $199.
    Came with the pistol grip and chokes.

Good luck, let us know how it is.

Larry David

Jul 1, 2013
    Carroll County
    Why not just buy a Remington or a Mossberg and not F*** around with the trash from Turkey? Is that to simple? Does it require more in depth analysis and thought?

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Why not just buy a Remington or a Mossberg and not F*** around with the trash from Turkey? Is that to simple? Does it require more in depth analysis and thought?

When you already have trash from Mossberg and bankrupt Remington, what do you have to loose?

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Sounds like you have a stack-on sheet metal “safe” stuffed full of Turkish garbage.

It funny the emotions that get stirred up when someone feels threatened by a competitive point of view.
    If you only knew??

Hopefully I'll get my work done tomorrow and have time for a trip to the range and see if I blow my face off by shooting this third world concocted firearm. But no worries, if I do, it's covered under warranty up to at least replacement value.

Larry David

Jul 1, 2013
    Carroll County
    When is the last time you went shopping for a Mossberg 500? They aren't exactly easy to find.
    Trash from Turkey and a Remington 870 (post 2015-ish) are pretty much the same thing.

They’re available. Are they as plentiful as the Turkish trash that’s so readily available? Nope. Are you going to get them for Turkish shotgun prices? No you’re not. Like it or not, if it’s from turkey it’s certifiable garbage. We have freedom to choose what we want to buy in our country so go for it! Buy a Turkish shotgun and hope for the best.

Larry David

Jul 1, 2013
    Carroll County
    The bad guys have broken down your front door, you and your Turkish shotgun is all that stands between the bad guys and your wife and children. How confident are you that people in a country that hate you and everything you stand for manufactured that shotgun that they know will be shipped to to America give a s*** if that shotgun will go bang or not. Go ahead, put it all on the line to save a few dollars on a cheap a** Turkish shotgun. Good luck with that.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Being a dick because someone else shoots a different kind of gun than you is usually good for a suspension... See you next month.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    The bad guys have broken down your front door, you and your Turkish shotgun is all that stands between the bad guys and your wife and children. How confident are you that people in a country that hate you and everything you stand for manufactured that shotgun that they know will be shipped to to America give a s*** if that shotgun will go bang or not. Go ahead, put it all on the line to save a few dollars on a cheap a** Turkish shotgun. Good luck with that.

First I would have to ask, how do you know that the Turkish shotgun is not 100% reliable.
    And what makes you think that this is the only firearm that I own or would be my only defense against an intruder?

The topic of this thread was "Black Aces Semi Autos "
    Not what is the best shotgun.
    I'm willing to bet that you have "0" experience with Black Aces Shotguns, am I right?

First I would have to ask, how do you know that the Turkish shotgun is not 100% reliable.
    And what makes you think that this is the only firearm that I own or would be my only defense against an intruder?

The topic of this thread was "Black Aces Semi Autos "
    Not what is the best shotgun.
    I'm willing to bet that you have "0" experience with Black Aces Shotguns, am I right?

The Black Aces FD12 Bullpup is pretty darn good at the price point. Quite a few of us on MDS own one and I haven't a single complaint about them yet.
    Most of us remember when Canik TP-9 pistols first showed up at a $300 price point. Everyone assumed they were junk too. Now they have a cult like following.

Feb 28, 2013

Winchester SXP is a Turk build, but hell of a little shotty for the price. Got a chrome lined barrel and a tight forend. Mossy’s always got a hell of a lot of slop in the forend outta the box for some reason

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom