• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • floatingboy

Apr 19, 2014
    Lisbon, MD
    Who sells black powder in the general area of Howard, Frederick, carol, Baltimore, Montgomery counties? Not talking about substitutes but actual black powder.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Who sells black powder in the general area of Howard, Frederick, carol, Baltimore, Montgomery counties? Not talking about substitutes but actual black powder.
    Not sure if they’re still around, but look up Brownstone Trading Company in Westminster. They were the go to shop for black powder, though it’s been quite a few years since I’ve been there.

Last edited:

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Gun Shack is the only MD place I've been able to buy it from in the last 2 years, and he only has Scheutzen.

If you really want to stock up, go out for a day to watch an N-SSA Skirmish at Ft. Shenandoah near Winchester, VA, then stop by the Back Creek shop that will be open after the skirmish and buy all you need. Goex, Swiss, in whatever granulation, plus musket caps.

floatingboy

Apr 19, 2014
    Lisbon, MD
    Thanks, all. I was going to call Gun Shack today, but they are closed. I figured that if anyone around here had it, they would. So it sounds like nobody in MD is selling Swiss?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Gun Shack is the only MD place I've been able to buy it from in the last 2 years, and he only has Scheutzen.

If you really want to stock up, go out for a day to watch an N-SSA Skirmish at Ft. Shenandoah near Winchester, VA, then stop by the Back Creek shop that will be open after the skirmish and buy all you need. Goex, Swiss, in whatever granulation, plus musket caps.
    I think Jackie (Back Creek, Winchester, VA) is also available by appointment. See the web site and call.

Last edited:

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Thanks, all. I was going to call Gun Shack today, but they are closed. I figured that if anyone around here had it, they would. So it sounds like nobody in MD is selling Swiss?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Given your location, hopefully Gun Shack will have what you need.

Clyde’s in Halethorpe stocks Goex but I would call and make sure they have what you want.

About a year ago I wanted to try Swiss for a new build and a new pistol and asked at Clyde’s while I was in the area if they had any Swiss. They didn’t and it was unclear to me if they stock it at all.

I ended up just ordering from Grafs when they had the granulations I wanted in stock. Not sure about now but Swiss was often out of stock.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Given your location, hopefully Gun Shack will have what you need.

Clyde’s in Halethorpe stocks Goex but I would call and make sure they have what you want.

About a year ago I wanted to try Swiss for a new build and a new pistol and asked at Clyde’s while I was in the area if they had any Swiss. They didn’t and it was unclear to me if they stock it at all.

I ended up just ordering from Grafs when they had the granulations I wanted in stock. Not sure about now but Swiss was often out of stock.
    I bought Swiss FF black powder from Clyde's a couple weeks ago. Last March I bought FF and FFFF from them as well.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Not sure if they’re still around, but look up Brownstone Trading Company in Westminster. They were the go to shop for black powder, though it’s been quite a few years since I’ve been there.

I believe this is where my re-enacting group gets theirs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom