• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    So today I brought home my P22. I bought this baby used. I got a really good deal on it. Atleast so I think. Gun came with 2 mags, got a .22 cleaning brush, and the thing that holds the cloth, bought 2 boxes of CCI mini mag rounds, paid all taxes and fees and I left paying less than 300 bucks. Whats even more awesome is that I was lucky enough to find a 06 model, so this one shouldnt have the kinks of the early models. Did I mention is has almost no wear on it? I'm really curious to why the owner got rid of something in such a great shape.

IMG_4418.jpg

a8160781.jpg

The CCI mini mag rounds have got me wondering... .22lr hollow points? It got me chuckling. I know the .357 will expand. But honestly, will a .22lr hp expand? Or is it more of a method to control bullet weight? Also would the hollow point in .22lrs bring up the cost of manufacturing?

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    All I buy are CCI mini mags for my P22 and my 10/22 and I seem to get a pretty fair price even at Walmart. Live the Walter, if you haven't shot it yet I'm sure you'll love it too. I assume yours also came with the different sight ramps and the different back straps to change the size of the grips.

I hope to also buy a P380 soon since the P22 is almost the same size I can practice for penny's!

Great wife and kids gun also!!

John

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    When I'm shooing my .22 we have a steel back drop out at 50yds. We use round nose and the bullets look like pancakes when they hit the target. So honestly the hollow point I'd say is to control weight, airflow, or maybe expand fast when your shooting a ground hog with it

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    Nice pick up, offRoad! I'd like to pick up a P22, I think. I've always liked them except for that darn safety! If it didn't have that I'd be all over one.

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    If you want to get a few extra mags go to keepshooting. Thier mags are 17-19 bucks a piece vs 30 bucks a piece from walther and they are very good quality.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    The CCI mini mag rounds have got me wondering... .22lr hollow points? .... But honestly, will a .22lr hp expand? Or is it more of a method to control bullet weight?

The hollow point is for inserting lighter flints and shooting steel at night. :D :thumbsup:

powderhunter

May 29, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Have you field strip it yet ! Do not rely on the instruction manual for reassembly. It will drive you crazy, at least thats what happened with me. After a long struggle to put it back together, I found a easier way on youtube.

Now days, I primarily rely on youtube for firearms related matters (mostly field strip & reassembly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom