• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It appears the Bruen decision is being used to protect our rights to things besides firearms. Remember the 2nd Amendment applies to all bearable arms.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    NY tried to define a "switch blade" as any knife that a police officer could open with one hand. Didn't matter if the possesr of the knife could flick the knife open with one hand.
    Even a NY judge had the sense to throw that out.
    The city of Boston tried to ban carrying any knife with a blade longer than 2". Sure. Then all they had to do was have a UC inside Home Depot and arrest anyone as they came out who bought a Leatherman.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    My MD permit allows me to carry a switchblade.

I can't carry one in DC; VA and PA are now allowing those killy 1950s-era scary knives. The Horror!!!

Good site for info:
    Up here, they repealed basically ANY restrictions on knives, autos, daggers, fixed blade, folders, doesn't matter, all lawful to buy, own and carry. Only a single dem voted no in the house, passed unanimous in the senate, and managed to get a Dem Governor to sign it into law.. I was involved with kniferights, and contacted reps, the organization is awesome. Would love to see the rest of the state and fed bans go away in similar fashion.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The switchblade nonsense is yet another example where laws are created from emotion, with no rational content.

Yet another reason why Universal Suffrage might have been a mistake.

(Apologies to those scary MDS wimmins, whose minds and voting patterns I find personally appealing, not to say 'uplifting," because that might be misconstrued.)

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    The switchblade nonsense is yet another example where laws are created from emotion, with no rational content.

Yet another reason why Universal Suffrage might have been a mistake.

(Apologies to those scary MDS wimmins, whose minds and voting patterns I find personally appealing, not to say 'uplifting," because that might be misconstrued.)
    As long as you leave out "and separate", you should be OK.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    @wolfwood, member here, has fought similar cases at the state level. Iirc, it was the balisong knife (I think that’s the right name and spelling, and I think it means like butterfly, I may be mistaken.) that was in Hawaii. Iirc

he also had been after ?taser?stun gun? Bans in the past and winning, after caetano

While I am not a switchblade person, any weapon ban tossed is good with me.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    @wolfwood, member here, has fought similar cases at the state level. Iirc, it was the balisong knife (I think that’s the right name and spelling, and I think it means like butterfly, I may be mistaken.) that was in Hawaii. Iirc

he also had been after ?taser?stun gun? Bans in the past and winning, after caetano

While I am not a switchblade person, any weapon ban tossed is good with me.
    An out the front auto is the safest knife there is. Think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom