• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I have an optic decision narrowed down to a bushnell elite 3200 fixed 10x40 mil dot scope or an ar optics 4-18x40. I have heard great things about the ar optics scopes but am hearing a lot of buzz about the simplicity of the elite 3200. The rifle is a remington 700 sps tactical in .223. It will only shoot out to 200 yards due to range limitations. If my budget allowed I would go for a vortex like on my other rifles but this one is getting built on the cheap. Does anyone have any hands on experience with either scope?

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    If you've got a secondary sighting option for close in, fixed mag scopes are great

That said, this is a bolt gun, and you're not going to be using it on anything close in prbably, so do what you feel.

I tend to prefer adjustable mag scopes, though.

The Bushnell BDL throwdown level 1-4 has been one of the finest scopes under 500 bucks I've ever used

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    That's my main reasoning for asking about personal experience. I have never had the opportunity to use a fixed power scope. Always adjustable.

Daiuy

May 31, 2013
    I have a couple of different Bushnell scopes and binoculars and they seem well made. I can attest to the excellent customer service of the company. I was shooting my 30.06 with Hornaday ammo that turned out to be recalled for overpressure problems and it knocked a lens loose. I sent it to Bushnell and received a free replacement, no questions asked.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I have heard their warranty service is great. I ended up going with the AR optics 4.5-18x40 after having some hands on with one. Very nice scope for the money. Should be able to get to the range in a week or so and see how well it performs.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Alot of people seem to like the primary arms scopes. Must be a reason. I believe I just saw a thread with a remington 700 build that had that scope on it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Primary Arms makes some nice scopes at a decent price. They are not high end scopes. And I think their 4-14x is the same scope as the Midway BSA Tactical and Mueller.

Bushnell makes some lower end, good but not pricey, scopes, and some VERY nice high end scopes.

For warranty, Vortex takes that title. Lifetime, fully transferable, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, warranty, and they pay shipping both ways. If you run over your scope with your car, they will fix or replace it. Even if you tell them what you did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom