• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Okay, a few weeks ago I ordered a holster from Triple K holsters.......a week after I placed my order, I got an e-mail saying it was on back order and could take from one to six weeks for it to ship out. Fine. No problem, really.

I was looking online this afternoon, thinking I could maybe just order from someone else and cancel my Triple K order. They haven't charged my card yet, as they don't do it until the order is ready for shipping.

It is a pain in the ass to find a holster with the following specs:

Left Hand
    Brown/Tan/Cordovan....anything but black.
    OWB
    High Ride
    For S&W 5 inch barreled N frame.

Everything is for a 4 inch or a 6 inch. I don't have a problem with one for a 4 inch, as the Triple K one I ordered has an open muzzle design. All the 4 inchers I am finding have a closed muzzle.

I don't want to spend $100 for a holster. I don't mind spending $50 or $60, but everything I am finding is a little out of my range.

S&W sells one made by DeSantis that's $72.95....I might have to go that route.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I'll tell you what I tell everyone else, quality leather holsters cost a lot of money.

Quality kydex holsters can be had for a long cheaper on average so give plastic a try.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I'll tell you what I tell everyone else, quality leather holsters cost a lot of money.

Quality kydex holsters can be had for a long cheaper on average so give plastic a try.

I think that's a fair statement, but so is this one: a beautiful revolver clad in a plastic holster is an abomination.

fnfalsar48

Feb 27, 2011
    Virginia
    Being left handed we don't have a lot of choices. They will send it out early. I have ordered left handed holsters from them several times. Ten years from now when you are still using the holster the few week wait won't be remembered.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Tell me about it. I am in the middle of making 3 holsters now. A buscadero rig for the Heritage arms single actions. For my switchbarrel 22A an open top metal framed holster. Both fully carved leather. I am also working on my version of a supertuck which I may or may not carve.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    El Paso Saddlery and FIST will make their holsters in left hand , and unusual bbl lengths for no extra charge , usually same time frames as their "regular" holsters.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I'd say Galco but usually they're like $100+ I think. One thing about them though, is they last forever. I love my Galco products. Did you try a safari land? They have lots of different kinds. If that pistol was ever carried by police departments, you can bet safari land came out with a holster for it. Bu then again it may not meet all your requirements. You're right it is like a car haha

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Check with roberstons trading post.

They sell tons of police trade ins and used to have tons of holsters. I got my NYS department revolver from them. Drop them an email, they mostly do gunsamerica now but I don't see anything about holsters...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    kydex holsters are great for range work, but very uncomfy for carry. Mitch Rosen will make any leather holster you desire.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    kydex holsters are great for range work, but very uncomfy for carry. Mitch Rosen will make any leather holster you desire.

Then you probably haven't had a really good kydex holster then. there's also the hybrid half leather, half kydex holsters for those that are so inclined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom