• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigstorm87

Jan 22, 2013
    Good morning everyone,

I am new to this site! While looking for some info on different laws and advice, this site popped up A LOT. So I joined, and I'm glad I did. I LOVE what I have seen on this forum. Everyone is very nice and helpful to one another.

Anyway, I would like some advice here! I know gun shows will probably be complete mad houses, but I am in the market for TWO (hopefully used firearms). Here is my reasoning, I am a Maryland resident, but I don't have A LOT on cash to spend. In light of the new laws that O'Malley is trying to pass with the possible required classes, permits, weapon bans, and fingerprinting, I would like to get the things I would like should MD make them law. I would rather have the things I want and not have ANYTHING pass, than have the laws pass thus making life more difficult. Catch my drift? I'm positive thousands of other Marylanders are doing the same, but oddly enough, most people I talk to have no idea that O'Malley is trying to pass legislation. Anyway...

First is nothing new to me...A typical Rem 870 used (or Moss 500 if the price is right). I figured the best place to one or the other is probably Nations, if not, then maybe Silverado in Upper Marlboro.

Second I AM new to, which is a Springfield XDm in 45ACP. I am planning to look for one at Silverado. I have shot handguns plenty of times, but have never purchased one of my own.

Here is where I need help...Should I even bother going to Nations to look for a used 870?

IF I were to go to Nations and IF I were to buy a shotty in VA, I need to know if purchasing a long gun in VA would effect my chances of being able to purchase a hand gun in MD.

Finally, should I even bother looking for either one at either show? A friend just bought a S&W M&P 40 (which is another handgun I am considering) at Silverado in Frederick, so I know there is a chance that one or the other can be found and are not COMPLETELY non-existent in the midst of the Gun Crisis LOL.

That's all for now yall! Your advice is GREATLY appreciated!!

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    The shotgun is more than likely going to be Cash and Carry. I have seen plenty of them siting on the shelves right now, and you could probably find one local.

The pistol might be tough to find right now. If you do find one I'd scoop it up. At this point take what you can get and whatever you can find ammo for.

Look around at the Industry Partners section of this site. Buy local if you can because if you buy a Handgun in VA you will have to transfer it to MD.

Welcome :)

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I've got M&P Full Size .40, M&P Compact .40s and a Springfield XDM .45 due in today if you are a MD resident.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Hi and welcome to the forum. You may also want to introduce yourself in the new members section.

The shotgun is unregulated here in MD. If you pick it up in Virginia, or have it shipped to MD (via FFL with a fee), it does NOT count against your intended handgun purchase, providing you have not received another handgun within the last 30 days. (the rules are very complex, and I am no expert. And don't feel dumb about asking, its worse than a crossword puzzle created by a dyslexic )

Regarding your purchase, consider asking the IPs here first. Likely a much better buying experience, and you support the site, as they pay to advertise here. I typically go to the shows to find the gun I want, then buy it from an IP ..... Lots of them have used stuff that comes through all the time. Of course if you find a deal you can't refuse, buy it at the show. Hey its still kind of a free country sorta maybe.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 421

Bigstorm87

Jan 22, 2013
    I've got M&P Full Size .40, M&P Compact .40s and a Springfield XDM .45 due in today if you are a MD resident.

What is your pricing like? I have found while handgun shopping that everyone seems to price them a little differently. If you have them, I may come up and take a look at them. Yes, I'm a Maryland resident. Live in Clinton!

Bigstorm87

Jan 22, 2013
    Hi and welcome to the forum. You may also want to introduce yourself in the new members section.

The shotgun is unregulated here in MD. If you pick it up in Virginia, or have it shipped to MD (via FFL with a fee), it does NOT count against your intended handgun purchase, providing you have not received another handgun within the last 30 days. (the rules are very complex, and I am no expert. And don't feel dumb about asking, its worse than a crossword puzzle created by a dyslexic )

Regarding your purchase, consider asking the IPs here first. Likely a much better buying experience, and you support the site, as they pay to advertise here. I typically go to the shows to find the gun I want, then buy it from an IP ..... Lots of them have used stuff that comes through all the time. Of course if you find a deal you can't refuse, buy it at the show. Hey its still kind of a free country sorta maybe.

Got it!! Answered my question right there!! Thank you!!! Right now, it scares me to think about what Nations is going to be like. Been there a few times before just for something to do and I know it is a little crowded even on the non gun crisis days LOL.

Here is another question for you and anyone else who may know...30 round mags...is it illegal to buy them in another state and bring them into MD? I would really like to have one for my Rem 597 .22LR

Trogdor

Nov 13, 2011
    Freestate gun range had a pretty good selection of handguns over the weekend. They had a few xds I believe.

ortoch

Feb 14, 2013
    welcome I am new too and I have a glock 45 acp that I love its a great round to get a gun for good luck brotha

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom