• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I didn't plan to spend any money today, but I had a little time to kill and went into a pawn shop. They had some Tulammo 7.62x39, so I bought a few boxes, just to be polite to the guy who let me look at several firearms. I can always use it.

Then I went by Big Dog on the way home, and they were putting out a few boxes of 7.62x25 PRVI. Some of that is Boxer primed, and some Berdan, and it was expensive, so I only got a couple of boxes. Took it home, did some work, and then fired one round of it. Looked at the spent case ... only one primer port ... YES! Went back and got the remaining 8 boxes. The stuff was close to double what I paid for some on sale, just before things went nuts, but I'm putting a pretty high premium on ammo with reloadable casings these days, and I have some hungry Toks at the house.

Then I saw one of his guys dragging some familiar cases out onto the sales floor. Russian silver tip 7.62x54R. Too expensive, but what the heck ... picked up a spam can of that. Bird in the hand, and all that.

February is not quite here yet, and the monthly "toy budget" is already almost gone.

Oops ... then something else caught my eye, and I had it put into the safe until I got home and shook out the piggy bank. Going back when they open in a few hours to get it. Pics forthcoming. It's nothing all that spectacular, but it was high on my C&R want list, and it might be a nicer than usual example of one of these. I hope that I was seeing as well without my glasses as I thought.

Film at 11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom