• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Hey there C&R mavens-

Just a quick procedural question for you, regarding purchases.

The C&R license doesn't give you a license to sell firearms, that I'm clear on.

But- if you intend to conduct a group purchase, with one C&R holder taking delivery, then distributing the C&R firearms to the other individuals, who are also C&R holders... this is completely above-board and legit, correct? Obviously all the C&R licensees would be entering the appropriate acquisition and disposal info in their logs.

I just want to be sure...

Oh yeah and one other thing - I got my C&R today, woo hoo! :party29:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Yeah... that sounds pretty legit.

What, are you planning on ordering a shipment of Mosin-Nagants? If so, once I get my C&R license I'm in. (Just received the forms from the ATF in the mail today, they're going out tomorrow or Friday!)

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    No more Mosin-Nagants for me in the near future, but maybe later this year after Hap Baker re-opens. I have an M44 already, but might be interested in an M91/30.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I'm looking at an M38 or M44 (will eventually get an M91/30, possibly a scoped one). The only thing I'm wary about on the M44 is always having the bayonet on there.

How do you like your M44? Did you have any issues with headspace?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I wouldn't worry about the bayonet. To me, that's what gives the M44 its' character. You can leave it folded if you want, and adjust the sights to shoot that way (the POI changes a little bit.)

My M44 was a Century import with a laminated stock, 1944 Ishevsk mfr. The barrel slugs to .314/.302, a little worn but still o.k. I turned my own headspace gauge on a lathe, with a .074" (field-grade spec) rim and the bolt wouldn't close on it, so I'm confident that the headspace is fine. I haven't fired it yet though, too much other stuff going on lately for me to make the trek to Elk Neck.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I've just become interested in the MN's. I'm not a machinist by any means (or a gunsmith) so I'll be looking for someone that can take a look at mine when I get it. I don't want a the chamber blowing up in my face or anything ;) I have a feeling that within a year or so I'll have a bunch of C&R guns laying around.... I wonder what will be added to the collection........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom