Carroll County - was there an incident today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I had to get some hardware today, so I drove up route 32 to the Home Depot in Eldersburg. On the way, just north of the fire station on 32, which is south of Home Depot, I saw two police cars on the east side of route 32. It appears there is some facility there. One officer was parked in front of a building and he was laying down behind his cruiser with his pistol drawn and aimed at the front door. The other cruiser was parked behind the building. On the way back from Home Depot, which was about 10 minutes later, there were about 10 LEOs at this place. On the way home I took some pics with my phone, which leaves a lot to be desired. However, it is what I had on me and I wasn't about to get any closer to the situation.

Attachments

• MdShooters4.JPG
      MdShooters4.JPG
      53.4 KB · Views: 317
    • MdShooters5.JPG
      MdShooters5.JPG
      33.6 KB · Views: 322

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    The facility is the Springfield campus. It used to be exclusively a mental health facility. It now serves as a campus for police training, state agencies data facilities and some mental patients. I don't know any specifics but it could very well have benn an issue with a patient. The Springfield campus is one of the most frequent EMS calls out of the Sykesville fire dept.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    It was a report of a breaking & entering while someone was in the home. They were setting up the perimeter as you happened to drive by.

frednek9

Mar 11, 2013
    Sykesville
    They were training, MSP stopped by firehouse and told us he had to go over there and tell them to move or lay in front of the car because he was tired of getting 911 calls for a man with a gun.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    They were training, MSP stopped by firehouse and told us he had to go over there and tell them to move or lay in front of the car because he was tired of getting 911 calls for a man with a gun.

Why the heck would they train with weapons drawn, etc. on a busy road like route 32 where people are driving by all the time? I almost decided to go out of my way and take route 97 home to avoid driving by a possible shootout.

Just incredible.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012

Oops, sorry. Guess that wasn't the call I was listening to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom