chances zippy passes a national import ban (AK)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    So with either a stroke of the pen or through congress, what's the current thought? Getting an AK has always been on my "list," but like everyone else I'm worried given the current climate. I really can't afford one now, but put up against the possibility of a ban going into effect, I could float my debt. so what does everyone really think is going to happen. Will imports get the ban?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I wouldn't worry about a national ban. Only Congress can do that and there's doesn't seem to be much support for another AWB at the national level.

Obama could theoretically go after imports of "sporting firearms" which could impact supply or cost, but he can't simply ban AK ownership or even imports outright. He can't do nearly as much by EO as people assume.

However if you don't get one before Fall of this year, you might very well be screwed on a local level.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    So with either a stroke of the pen or through congress, what's the current thought? Getting an AK has always been on my "list," but like everyone else I'm worried given the current climate. I really can't afford one now, but put up against the possibility of a ban going into effect, I could float my debt. so what does everyone really think is going to happen. Will imports get the ban?

Buy shovels. :innocent0

Mofiki

Dec 16, 2012
    you can pick up a receiver on gun broker for $100 or less and just either buy the parts kit or individualy whenever you get money and put it togeather yourself

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Put it this way: if he was going to ban imports, he would have done it by now. The biggest problem with getting Saigas these days is the horrible management at Izhmash.

The bigger problem is the potential AWB in MD. All AKs will be banned from future sale in the state if it passes.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yes, that's why I have five AKs in five calibers. I'm set, bitches! (Forgive my profanity, it seemed appropriate in context.)

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Yup, bit the bullet and got 2 AKs, to go with 6 ARs.
    Got a feeling they are going to ram it down our throat.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Feb 28, 2013
    The 107 with a fixed stock and a comp should be alright even post-ban. It's simply not an AK, as the operating system is significantly different.

Well, it looks like one and that's all that matters. This is Maryland you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom