• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Asking if the administrators could sticky this or give it a home where potential new members or the general public. I want to shine a positive light on the fine members here at MDS.
    This place is important to me and I have learned much here.
    BelloMachre ~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    what do you want the title of the thread to be?
    I am thinking like, charitable work of MDS and it's members. Just maybe a simple as "MDS charity work" and if we have other folks raising money for good causes maybe a good way to highlight our care of others

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Your party Welder but I personally don't like the term "charity". I may be the only one, but to me it connotes some degree of pity. "Charitable" to me does not hold the same connotations.

Edit: Something like, "Thanks to the charitable contributions of MDS"

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Your party Welder but I personally don't like the term "charity". I may be the only one, but to me it connotes some degree of pity. "Charitable" to me does not hold the same connotations.

Point taken, i agree :thumbsup:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

MDS generosity?

Community Leadership
    I am happy with all these, i just want the light to shine on this community in a positive way.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Perhaps expand on that theme a bit to broaden the umbrella: MDS Support to Local Communities. This might include other non-monetary endeavors MDS members might provide in service to the community.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Perhaps expand on that theme a bit to broaden the umbrella: MDS Support to Local Communities. This might include other non-monetary endeavors MDS members might provide in service to the community.
    I like this as well, does not always have to be money. Can be cleaning up a park or stream . Volunteer work.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter

It's Welders call but I'm with this version. For decades at work it was always charitable contributions; be it with money, physical donations (clothing, etc.), or time/labor. Maybe one of the grammar fiends can look it up on the Gregg's Manual?:shrug:

Tempted to make a pole on this, but will defer. :D

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just saw this thread.

We also received a very nice letter from the folks at Bello Machre, for our direct donation in Dave's fundraising drive.

They seem to be both giving and grateful. We will be considering them for further attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom