• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I ordered a Volquartsen Accurizing kit for the MkII and decided I would take a stab at putting it in myself.

Nothing too hard about it except getting all of the sear/safety/bolt release parts to stay together on reassembly.

Trigger feels good and I can't wait to get it to the range to try it out. Lord, I hope it doesn't start doubling on me as there are some reports of near-full-auto fire when these things aren't installed just right.

I'll be sure to load no more than 2 rounds to start ;)

mch28

Sep 20, 2007
    If it's like the TG2000 for the 10/22 it will have a pretavel adjustment screw and a trigger novertravel screw. If you have both of them set to their tightest positions it can double or triple. Mine was doing that on one of my 10/22's I set up at first. I just backed out the overtravel some and it cleared up. It would usually double then jam with the hammer down with a light strike.

Of course this is a different setup being on a 10/22 but I believe the accurizing kit has pretravel and overtravel settings as well.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If it's like the TG2000 for the 10/22 it will have a pretavel adjustment screw and a trigger novertravel screw. If you have both of them set to their tightest positions it can double or triple. Mine was doing that on one of my 10/22's I set up at first. I just backed out the overtravel some and it cleared up. It would usually double then jam with the hammer down with a light strike.

Of course this is a different setup being on a 10/22 but I believe the accurizing kit has pretravel and overtravel settings as well.

I'll take a look at that. I have the pre and over settings pretty far in because that was where it seemed to break best, but I'll back it out before I shoot it.

Thanks for the heads up.

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    don't forget to do the drop test with your new trigger.... it seems that test hardly ever gets considered anymore when people work their triggers.

For those who don't know: after you work your trigger, take the gun, cock the gun UNLOADED and then from a height of a foot or so, drop the gun onto the ground butt first and see if it fires. if not, you are good to go. if it does, you have it set to fire way to tight, loosen it up a bit.

all this is just a safety precaution, gun owners should always make sure to be safe, this way we don't have more laws constricting our use and modification of guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom