• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Any updates on this project?

My first go to is acraglas or titebond combined with brass pins to reenforce. I like to sand the stock down first, mix the dust with the epoxy to match the stock more closely and with the pins recessed beneath the surface, fill the holes in with said dust filled epoxy then sand and refinish.
    You know I never did anymore with it because I got involved in a couple rebarrel projects, one for a Krag saddle ring carbine and another SMLe/303 barreled Martini with associated splinter type fore end. I had to drum up a large enough piece of buffalo horn to make a cap for which I was lucky enough to find two so I can advance that work forward.
    I was however looking at the two broken stock bits just the other day and thinking about how pretty the figure is in the stock and how it needs fixed.
    I pinned a few stocks together before but now I like to use hard wood dowels when I can. Taking steps to hide them is always a prudent measure whenever possible.
    I may have already mentioned up thread and didn’t re-read but something else that came be done is to acrabond the broken piece in place, then bore out the front of the tenon and glue in a large patch to work as a recoil surface to bear on the majority of the stock and use the stock bolt as a clamp.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Maybe I’ll sell it when I’m done before I build a wall hanger or just keep it for a spare.
    Besides it won’t fit my small frame BSa target rifle.
    Too many metal pins in the way to make it work.
    The BSA’s converted from .577 to .303 to .22LR. I know you have a few in the shed still waiting for time

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom