• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shackett

Apr 10, 2011
    Owings Mills, MD
    I've been unable to locate a CZ 912 Shotgun all of the dealers listed under there website state that they do not carry this shotgun. I need a replacement shotgun asap. Do any of you know where I may be able to locate this shotgun.?.

thanks in advance:rolleyes:

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    These were one of the least reliable autoloaders made. CZ dropped them a few years back. They were supposedly improved and reintroduced to the market. Most dealers shy away from them because of the past history. I heard that CZ picked them up again, but I'm don't know for sure. These of course are not made by CZ, they are a Turkish made gun by Huglu, imported by CZ/USA.

For a low end autoloader, the Mossberg is supposed to be pretty good. The sleeper is the Walmart branded Beretta 390. Be careful, there's a lot of junk out there.

shackett

Apr 10, 2011
    Owings Mills, MD
    These were one of the least reliable autoloaders made. CZ dropped them a few years back. They were supposedly improved and reintroduced to the market. Most dealers shy away from them because of the past history. I heard that CZ picked them up again, but I'm don't know for sure. These of course are not made by CZ, they are a Turkish made gun by Huglu, imported by CZ/USA.

For a low end autoloader, the Mossberg is supposed to be pretty good. The sleeper is the Walmart branded Beretta 390. Be careful, there's a lot of junk out there.
    I've been hearing that this shotgun is top notch now and cycle's very fast for "flury" games. so far not seen ANY bad remarks or writeup's on it,,,

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I keep hearing about the Beretta 390. I might have to accidentally buy it next time I hit Walmart.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    I've been hearing that this shotgun is top notch now and cycle's very fast for "flury" games. so far not seen ANY bad remarks or writeup's on it,,,

You need to bear in mind that this is not a CZ built gun. This is a Huglu, built in Turkey. The lack of quality of Huglu built guns have been well documented.

I don't know where you get this fast cycling stuff for "flury" games, but before you buy something that's supposed to cycle fast, you should shoot a flury game and learn that fast cycling is meaningless. Flury games are side events shot at some sporting clays shoots and DU type events. Anyone shooting them uses whatever they shoot for sporting. Flury games usually throws a target every three seconds. I should hope that any gun can cycle that fast, including a single shot. That said, if you want a reliable gun that cycles fast, I would buy a Benelli or a Super X. However, unless you are into trick shooting, there is no need for fast cycling gun for any clay target games, any hunting or any other practical purpose.

If you want a decent autoloader in the price range of a Huglu, you are out of luck unless you can find a clean used 1100. Otherwise, the best deal on the market remains to be the Walmart 390.

shackett

Apr 10, 2011
    Owings Mills, MD
    Flury games usually throws a target every three seconds

??, the targets are launched at 1 1/2 second intervials for 25-50 clays
    I argee if it was 3-sec's fast cycling would not be needed. Since this post was wrote i'd say I have 8,000-10,000 shots through my CZ-912. just replaced a couple of rings so far. I do also have some Benelli's and Stoegers that will shoot close to nonstop without cleaning unlike this gas gun. Most of the shooting that I do is in the mid-west as VA/MD doesn't seem to be into shougun sports as much. BlackHawk in MO is a great place for 5-stand and Flury.

shackett

Apr 10, 2011
    Owings Mills, MD
    CZ 912

I did get one a while back now, close to 5,000 rounds and still loven it
    does needs lots of cleaning ,,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom