• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Went to Delmarva Sporting Clays today to get some range time with 2 of my new guns. A Ruger LCP Max (380acp) and an FN57. I was a little surprised how crowded it was at Delmarva today. I got there around 12:30pm and there were only a few open lanes. I couldn't get on the pistol range right away so I jumped on the rifle range and shot my AR15 and my Ruger 10/22 for a bit. Once the pistol range opened up I grabbed my new toys and headed over. My initial reaction to the LCP was very nice. I tiny bit snappy but not as bad as a 9mm. I ran 60 rounds through it would any issues. I used CCI Blazer 95gr. FMJ mostly. Then I tried the Sig Sauer V-Crown 90gr. JHP. They are fine also. I plan to use the V-Crown as my carry rounds. As far as accuracy it was decent at 10 yards and in. Out past 10yds. I was so so but I'm pretty sure it was just me and not being used to the gun. Next was the FN57. That thing is a dream to shoot. Very lite recoil. It to ran flawlessly. Ran 50 rounds of the Federal 40gr. and 50 rounds of the FN 40gr. I was definitely more accurate with this gun over the LCP. But then I expected that to be the case. Overall a great day on the range and a lot of fun. To bad it is such a long drive from Pasadena to get there. Anyone else get out today for some gun time?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Went to Delmarva Sporting Clays today to get some range time with 2 of my new guns. A Ruger LCP Max (380acp) and an FN57. I was a little surprised how crowded it was at Delmarva today. I got there around 12:30pm and there were only a few open lanes. I couldn't get on the pistol range right away so I jumped on the rifle range and shot my AR15 and my Ruger 10/22 for a bit. Once the pistol range opened up I grabbed my new toys and headed over. My initial reaction to the LCP was very nice. I tiny bit snappy but not as bad as a 9mm. I ran 60 rounds through it would any issues. I used CCI Blazer 95gr. FMJ mostly. Then I tried the Sig Sauer V-Crown 90gr. JHP. They are fine also. I plan to use the V-Crown as my carry rounds. As far as accuracy it was decent at 10 yards and in. Out past 10yds. I was so so but I'm pretty sure it was just me and not being used to the gun. Next was the FN57. That thing is a dream to shoot. Very lite recoil. It to ran flawlessly. Ran 50 rounds of the Federal 40gr. and 50 rounds of the FN 40gr. I was definitely more accurate with this gun over the LCP. But then I expected that to be the case. Overall a great day on the range and a lot of fun. To bad it is such a long drive from Pasadena to get there. Anyone else get out today for some gun time?
    Not today but I do that run from Pasadena a lot. They are pretty much the only range I go to now. I have family in OC and Easton so I can stop a visit on the way around. My favorite range hands down.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Hearing this makes me glad that my range is only 15 minutes away. I'm usually the only person there on weekdays and sometimes on weekends too.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Hearing this makes me glad that my range is only 15 minutes away. I'm usually the only person there on weekdays and sometimes on weekends too.
    What range are you going to that is so close? Stoney Creek? I would love to join a club that was close. I am trying to get into Stoney Creek.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Pretty nice looking facility.

it is incredible; however; in a huge shoutout to PG Trap & Skeet (& Sporting & 5-stand & wobble) in Glen Dale, MD this Sarasota venue is only open Wed and then Fri - Sun. No one who works there can tell me why they are closed completely every Thursday. Closest to an answer I’ve gotten was yesterday when a NY transplant employee who has been in FL for the last 30 years told me, “It’s tradition.” (I doubt that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom