• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    Does anyone know of any classes (if it's allowed an online one would be great, but I can travel) in MD, DC, or NoVA where I can get just the DC laws portion of the DC training?

I finished up my MD training a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't one that also taught the DC laws portion, so I'd still need that for the DC permit. Mostly want it for when my GPS/traffic force me to cut through DC rather than sticking to the beltway to stay in MD. Of course that limits me on mags and total ammo count whenever that's a possibility, but that's not an issue with my planned EDC gun.

Thanks

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    George Lyon at Arsenal Attorneys. The DC legal training is a 4 hour subset from his 16 hour full training course.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I am looking for this as well. I only need to get the law portion of the training. Is there anyone in the Baltimore metro area that offers this?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Sent him a couple emails inn early June, never got a response.

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    Sent him a couple emails inn early June, never got a response.
    He was always very good about responding to me. Maybe give it another try. Good teacher and I enjoyed the range time. He was able to identify areas for me to improve (I'm sure there are many, but I appreciate him not just seeing that I'd pass the qual and leaving it at that).

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Thanks, I sent him another email today.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    He responded to me a few days after I emailed. I just took the DC law portion of the class yesterday afternoon. It was well done and they did a good job staying on task even with a very large group and lots of questions.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    So a person can take just his 4 hour adder and eligible for the DC permit as long as you passed the MD class somewhere else?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    So a person can take just his 4 hour adder and eligible for the DC permit as long as you passed the MD class somewhere else?
    That's what I'm led to believe. It depends on whether DC will accept your MD W&C class.

BWT, I got a reply from George Lyon, and am scheduled for a zoom class Sept 17.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    That's what I'm led to believe. It depends on whether DC will accept your MD W&C class.

BWT, I got a reply from George Lyon, and am scheduled for a zoom class Sept 17.
    If you have had firearm training within the last two years you can request an exemption from the range part of the DC application. And they may or may not grant it.

Special mission unit guys that did training out in W. VA were asked to provide range cards and a round count by the then head of firearms lol.

No exemptions are given for the law part.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I am taking it as well Sat the 17th. See you there ( on my screen ) Bob A.

I have my nra pistol inst, my md qhic cert plus the w&c class cert I hope they give me the exemption to their training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom