• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    OK. Exactly what do you plan to mount it on, and what do you plan to shoot through it? The field of .22 suppressors has lightweight cans that are designed for .22LR only, and semi-auto shooting...and cans that are built to handle stuff like 5.7x28 in full auto. Tough = heavy. For a rifle, that might not be such a problem. On a pistol, weight matters more.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Lol funny this was asked. I just put in order for an el camino Q. Main criteria for me was stainless/no aluminum, user serviceability, easy reassembly and no special tools for disassembly.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    I'm going to start the process to get one as well to use on my Ruger 22/45 MKIV and 10/22. Was thinking Dead Air Mask. Are there dealers for these in the Annapolis area, or best to purchase online?

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I have a SilencerCo Sparrow and love it. easily servicablle and dead quiet. That said I have seen a lot of support for the Dead Air Mask but can't speak to it.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    SiCo Spectre II, No .22 suppressors are that easy to clean. The lead build up can be impressive.

The dip works well to clean out the lead but you will need to precipitate the lead acetate out of the solution with a strong acid before you can dispose of it. They sell phosphoric acid at brew stores which is what I have used if I don't have hydrochloric.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Also consider CGS Hydra. I have one, and will be ordering a Dead Air Mask so I can compare the two.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have two Sparrows (one black, one stainless to match the guns they are on.) Nice but not quite as quiet as the K baffle designs like the Spectre. All 22 cans seem to be pretty darn quiet though. zyou really can't go wrong w/ any of them. Get the one that fits your budget, weight, and desired features.

I ordered an OSS (now huxwrx?) Rad 22 about a year ago in an attempt to get less crud blown back into the gun and my eyes on the AR carbine. Not an issue w/ semi-auto. Its still in jail.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Think more about the ammo you run through it for 'quiet' than the particular suppressor. It makes more of a difference than the differences between the various 22 suppressor designs. Cleaning is an issue, I made mine using aluminum k baffles, which limits my cleaning options, but they work great with subsonic ammo, so-so with supersonic ammo, as you can't suppress the sonic boom. Subsonic ammo and most 22lr is pretty dirty, both powder and lead fouling unless you shoot only copper plated ammo, then mostly powder. They need to be disassembled and cleaned pretty regularly unless you can screw it on your 223 and clean it that way. (not with aluminum baffles! lol)

CCI quiet is hollywood quiet. Avoiding aluminum will make it easier to clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom