• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Send Help

MDS Supporter
    May 11, 2023
    Wicomico
    Just suggesting creating a separate forum under 'The Arsenal' for everything gear/kit, whether it be for what shooters wear to the range to what is worn for work, and even kept to the side for an active shooter scenario. It would be a good section to start as people who want to build up their range gear and/or professional kit could learn and interact with each other on brands/etc. they like. This would be my most used forum as I'm constantly changing and testing gear for work. I'm sure everyone, including myself could learn a wealth of knowledge in this area.

If this is beating a dead horse, I apologize as I couldn't find a dedicated section just to gear not pertaining to attachments on firearms.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I think it's a good idea but I'm just an LTWS shit poster with a fetish for precision rifles. I've worn full kit and I ain't doing it unless someone is paying me or things are so bad it's time to toss cash in the trash and seek food/ammo/booze. I prefer being ignored to being armored!

Most of this sort of thing currently goes in the Depot but I think you are on to something.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'll start off with pictures of the Pink Taktikewl TuTu. & army boots!

bda47c9b3023bd99c0766441cf096cdf.jpg

Send Help

MDS Supporter
    May 11, 2023
    Wicomico
    I think it's a good idea but I'm just an LTWS shit poster with a fetish for precision rifles. I've worn full kit and I ain't doing it unless someone is paying me or things are so bad it's time to toss cash in the trash and seek food/ammo/booze. I prefer being ignored to being armored!

Most of this sort of thing currently goes in the Depot but I think you are on to something.
    Being ignored over being armored is definitely the way to go and we need to keep booze a priority. I may have to search the depot then because I couldn't find much. Maybe I can't read, probably that.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just suggesting creating a separate forum under 'The Arsenal' for everything gear/kit, whether it be for what shooters wear to the range to what is worn for work, and even kept to the side for an active shooter scenario. It would be a good section to start as people who want to build up their range gear and/or professional kit could learn and interact with each other on brands/etc. they like. This would be my most used forum as I'm constantly changing and testing gear for work. I'm sure everyone, including myself could learn a wealth of knowledge in this area.

If this is beating a dead horse, I apologize as I couldn't find a dedicated section just to gear not pertaining to attachments on firearms.
    How 'bout starting a thread on the subject and see where it leads.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Being ignored over being armored is definitely the way to go and we need to keep booze a priority. I may have to search the depot then because I couldn't find much. Maybe I can't read, probably that.
    The search function is not amazing as it is pretty specific to the search word but there's some threads in various subforums to be found. A long running thread on body armor deals, a couple on other gear, and we have a few bag whores here too.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It's quite possible this is something I should think about and consider more, but I don't.

I have a range bag full of stuff for when I go to the range, and various ammo boxes for what I plan to shoot that day.

My range bag usually includes, but is not limited to:

-- First aid kit - nothing I put together, but one I bought with some bandages and antiseptic wipes
    -- Extra Magazines
    -- A few random tools - Allen wrenches, small screwdrivers
    -- Gun cleaning/lubricating products - I have an aerosol can of CLP, FP-10, TW25b, Hoppes grease and oil
    -- Hoppes bore snakes
    -- Cleaning brushes
    -- Extra magazines
    -- Extra eye/ear protection
    -- Empty chamber flags

Otherwise? I don't have a "kit" per-se. Should I?

Send Help

MDS Supporter
    May 11, 2023
    Wicomico
    It's quite possible this is something I should think about and consider more, but I don't.

I have a range bag full of stuff for when I go to the range, and various ammo boxes for what I plan to shoot that day.

-- First aid kit - nothing I put together, but one I bought with some bandages and antiseptic wipes
    -- Extra Magazines
    -- Gun cleaning/lubricating products - I have an aerosol can of CLP, FP-10, TW25b, Hoppes grease and oil
    -- Hoppes bore snakes
    -- Cleaning brushes
    -- Extra magazines
    -- Empty chamber flags

There's nothing wrong with any of that. In fact, I think you're better prepared than most, especially with bringing along first aid. I personally had a similar setup before I enlisted and ultimately ended up where I am now. I typically shoot in a "full" getup (belt, plate carrier, sometimes helmet with the green-eyes) because for me, unless I'm carrying concealed I will be wearing at least a belt. Since then I've gone full dingdong and just like using the gear I currently use/may have to use.

Last edited:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    There's nothing wrong with any of that. In fact, I think you're better prepared than most, especially with bringing along first aid. I personally had a similar setup before I enlisted and ultimately ended up where I am now. I typically shoot in a "full" getup (belt, plate carrier, sometimes helmet with the green-eyes) because for me, unless I'm carrying concealed I will be wearing at least a belt. Since then I've gone full dingdong and just like using the gear I currently use/may have to use.
    I forgot a couple of things! I also have a folder of home-printed targets that are printed on card stock, a staple gun, and extra staples. I just recently bought a second staple gun that's dedicated to the range bag due to leaving it at home by accident once because I'd used it for a project.

I have a pair of Mechanix gloves that I bought when I went to SLC in January of 2019 to keep my hands warm when we were training outside, but those are way too porous to be worth a dang in the cold - something I didn't realize at the time I bought them, but they'd be nice to have if the SHTF.

I suppose if all else fails, I at least still have some OCPs, ACUs and a good pair of combat boots, but none of my OCIE. I don't wear any of that to the range though.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016

-- Extra Magazines
    -- Hoppes bore snakes
    -- Cleaning brushes
    -- Extra magazines
    -- Empty chamber flags

^^This^^
    Maybe add a spotting scope, the small chapman screw driver set, and a lead sled if shooting the big stuff. What ever you need to remove a breach plug from your muzzleloader to use a bore snake/clear squibs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom