• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I just registered for an upcoming offering of the Defensive Handgun Course through Hafer's/ShootSafe (took their W&C course last summer). Really looking forward to it. Has anyone taken this course? How was it?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I just registered for an upcoming offering of the Defensive Handgun Course through Hafer's/ShootSafe (took their W&C course last summer). Really looking forward to it. Has anyone taken this course? How was it?
    Haven't taken their course but some of the ShootSafe instructors were in a certification class I took a while ago and they are first class people. You should have a solid day.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Haven't taken their course but some of the ShootSafe instructors were in a certification class I took a while ago and they are first class people. You should have a solid day.
    Let us know how you liked it, 308Scout

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    OP Back with an update - I just got back a short while ago. I strongly recommend this course if you're in the area and thinking about it. Tim and the Shootsafe Staff provide excellent hands-on training and instruction. Like all good trainings, I came away with lots of new lessons to incorporate into my personal SD training (and some gaps to address, as well). I can absolutely see taking this course again in a year or two. Also, the training was held on Hafer's new training range - very nice range and setup. I believe that this was their first class at that location. :thumbsup:

Now I'm going to have a beer and let the minor aches/pains from the weekend work themselves out.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    OP Back with an update - I just got back a short while ago. I strongly recommend this course if you're in the area and thinking about it. Tim and the Shootsafe Staff provide excellent hands-on training and instruction. Like all good trainings, I came away with lots of new lessons to incorporate into my personal SD training (and some gaps to address, as well). I can absolutely see taking this course again in a year or two. Also, the training was held on Hafer's new training range - very nice range and setup. I believe that this was their first class at that location. :thumbsup:

Now I'm going to have a beer and let the minor aches/pains from the weekend work themselves out.
    Glad you learned a lot. Their crew seemed like a solid team when I met them. Now I feel even better recommending them.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Thanks for the feedback I might be up for a class soon. Where is the new range located? Hagerstown somewhere id assume?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Do they have an actual wesite? I keep getting either California or facebook stuff; I don't do CA, and I don't do FB.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Do they have an actual wesite? I keep getting either California or facebook stuff; I don't do CA, and I don't do FB.

Shootsafe is Hafer's training division. Price on the main page seem to be out of date (current is actually lower). Current pricing is visible for all courses if you hit "register".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom