• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I have recently purchased a Walther PDP Pro SD compact with a 4.6” threaded barrel.
    The main reason for the purchase is to retire Gen3 G19 Fauxland special as my primary EDC. The PDP is slightly smaller and shorter ( but a little fatter )and I was hoping to get similar performance / characteristics to the Roland special. In a smaller package.

Everyone on the gunweb is talking about the new Dynamic trigger on the PDP. On how good it is. Being a skeptic , I had to see firsthand.

The trigger on the Pro SD is probably one of the best factory triggers on a striker fired pistol. No brag, just fact.

Compared to the Glock , SW M&P, VP9, cz-P10, Timney Glock trigger, Apex triggers etc. it came out on top.

The trigger has a very short take-up, no creep, you hit a solid wall, breaks like a glass rod at about 3.5 lbs and has a short positive tactile reset.

In short, it’s awesome. For a factory trigger. The only thing negative about it is that it gave all my other striker fired guns a serious inferiority complex.

The Walther PDP Pro SD has easily become a new favorite.

Surprisingly, the Canik factory triggers came in close. But still not as good.

Attachments

• IMG_6851.jpeg
      IMG_6851.jpeg
      399.7 KB · Views: 105

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    As a suppressor host

I guess, the SD suffix denotes it original intent.

The PDP pro SD comes with a 4.6” threaded barrel in the standard 1/2x28 thread pitch.

Also comes with an additional recoil spring ( green) which I think is a 13lb spring for suppressed or compensated applications.

The pdp functioned reliably suppressed with the standard spring. And functioned reliably with a compensator with anemic 115 grain FMJ using the green spring. ( zev tech Glock compensator )

There’s no need to replace the striker , striker plunger spring , trigger return spring to get it to work with bulk / anemic range ammo( 115grains)

Attachments

• IMG_6767.jpeg
      IMG_6767.jpeg
      493.2 KB · Views: 61

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The recoil impulse on the PDP is a bit snappier compared to a Glock 19 due to its higher bore axis.

I ended up with a micro compensator and a springco recoil management spring ( rms) as a replacement to the plastic ( okay , polymer ) guide rod.

With a zev tech comp , the PDP shot extremely flat like the Roland. But I didn’t want the extra bulk. The springco kit( red spring ) and the micro comp resulted in similar shooting characteristics to the Old Roland.

Attachments

• IMG_6838.jpeg
      IMG_6838.jpeg
      535.5 KB · Views: 71

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Holster hunt.

New gun, another set of holsters. Lol

Funds are tough nowadays. I did my research first before getting a holster.

I ended up with an Adams Tactical Solutions kydex IWB holster that was custom made for the weapon/ light combo.

I have also opted for the stream light TLR-7A to maintain the theme that less is more.

Attachments

• IMG_6859.jpeg
      IMG_6859.jpeg
      442.6 KB · Views: 46

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    As for optics.

I decided to go with the holosun scs/ pdp specific sight.

Mounts directly to the slide. No adapters needed. Fits like the slide was milled specifically for this optic with no gaps.

The optic also sits low enough to 1/3 lowe co witness with the Glock like factory plastic sights. Which is perfect.

The ergonomics on the pdp was designed to provide a correct grip angle to help align the optics with the shooters eye.

The flare on the grip when pressed down with the pinky finger lowers the muzzle a bit to instantly bring the optic reticle into instant view. If you lose the dot, just excerpt more pinky finger pressure and the dot magically centers to your eye.

Attachments

• IMG_6750.jpeg
      IMG_6750.jpeg
      380 KB · Views: 44

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    What’s in the box?
    The pistol extra back straps
    3 each , 18 round mags
    Empty chamber flag
    Useless gunlock
    Mag loader
    Extra recoil spring ( suppressed)
    Instructions and propaganda material
    Nice molded case

Attachments

• IMG_6828.jpeg
      IMG_6828.jpeg
      590.3 KB · Views: 109

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I don’t have a lot of rounds on this set up yet.

Once I get 1K rounds down range. I’ll do a more comprehensive review.

For now , I think this platform is one of the better offerings from a reputable company that’s not a Glock.

But I have to warn you. Once you feel the trigger , you will end up buying one.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The Dpt trigger also made a huge difference in terms of accuracy.

In terms of the weapon itself.

This platform was designed with slide mounted optics in mind. The ergonomics of the weapon , the optic the grip angle work together to index the reticle instantly to your eye.

There is no longer the need to reference the front iron sight to find the dot.

You can practice presentation in complete darkness. The dot always comes into view as you present the pistol. Damn Walther engineers got this right.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    And we still have one in stock - first 2 didn't last long (thanks to SCAR and his friend :) ).

I'm a bit of a trigger whore, and the PDP SD Pro's trigger really is one of the best for striker-fired guns out there. It is just damn good right out of the box.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I’m saving up for a SW mp10 performance center long slide.

I’ll have to visit you sometime relatively soon.
    Got one sitting on layaway for a customer right now, find out next week if we can snag another one off allocation from 1 of our 6 main distributors.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    Yeah I've kind of fallen for the PDP myself. Two have the Dynamic Performance Trigger and all three have Sprinco spring kits.
    20230710_192744.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom