• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    Has anybody made a dueling tree for various handgun calibers. Everone one I have seen is for 22 only or very, very expensive.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    The reason the ones for larger calibers are more expensive is that AR500 rated steel isn't cheap. If you don't use the AR rated steel then they will just get holes put thru them and they won't be useful anymore.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    they have a couple at www.340defense.com range near charles town, wv. absolutely lots of fun. believe they're from mgm steel. and yes, not cheap but they're made to hold up to tons of pistol shots, and AR shots at 100 yds.

lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    I can get steel that holds up pretty well to handguns. Was wondering if anybody has built there own. I just can't figure out the swing back and forth part.

dj_in_md

Aug 28, 2008
    Almost WV
    I've never built one but the one I bought has the pivots angled and spring loaded. Pm me your email and I can send photos of it.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Sportsmans Guide sells both rimfire and big bore. I hope you have a location where sideways ricochets are not a concern. I had to angle mine downward in an eroded trench in one of my ravines to feel safe shooting it. I wish I had a rimfire one. Going through 30-100rnds x2 as fast as you can gets pricey fast.

sdog

Feb 20, 2012
    Bowie
    i have been thinking of buying a tree from action target.com.
    i know that nutfancy uses these alot, and he can be hit or miss in his reviews, but he is generally good and i have seen alot of his vids and seen the targets that i want to buy in action.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Has anybody made a dueling tree for various handgun calibers. Everone one I have seen is for 22 only or very, very expensive.
    We have centerfire ones at our club we use for various steel matches including a dueling match we had last year. Unfortunately the RO of that match, the driving force behind getting them, found out this year that his job will not let him have the time to do matches on the weekends so we use them in several of our steel matches instead. They are easier for newer shooters to use than our Texas Stars. We shoot them with everything from major PF raceguns to .45 autos. The trick is you have to fine tune them by lubing, filing, grinding, and smoothing out the parts that control the L-R transitions so they work reliably with everything from 9mm on up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom