• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    ENSF Needs help.

As many of you may know in the fall of 2009 a volunteer safety program was created and implemented at ENSF, a huge (positive) impact on shooter safety was realized and a lot of good was done by those in the program. Unfortunately and for various reasons, almost two years later the program is in complete disarray and for all practical purposes non existent. Out of the over 30 that volunteered time there are only 5 left willing to participate in the program. I am one of the 5 left and collectively we think we have a plan to salvage the program, rebuild it and hopefully build a safety program that will sustain for many years to come. Our goal is to have the program up and running by the end of summer.

The most important part of this process is going to be the volunteers, we are looking for people oriented, gun folk who either are trained as RSO's or are willing to be trained as RSO's and are willing to donate four 8.0 hour days a year towards working at the range as safety advisers. This is a 100% volunteer position and short of being able to shoot for free at the range there is no compensation. That being said being able to give back to the sport is very satisfying in itself. Please take this commitment seriously, many in the original group were unable to meet their commitment to volunteer and that played a large part in the programs demise.

If this interests you please PM me with your full name, email address and contact phone number.

Last edited:

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    One last bump to see if there are any others interested.

Also the RSO social group is getting ready to be purged of all volunteers who have shown no interest in continuing in the program. If you are an original RSV and still are interested in volunteering and have not posted so in the social group. please do so ASAP.

Thank you to all who are interested. And thank you to all the original volunteers

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    Bumping this for any others that may be interested. There is still time to volunteer and get in on our first training class.

We will hopefully be having our training class next month for any new RSO's.

There are currently 5 original RSO's including myself who have been covering the range each weekend since December. I would like to thank them again for their dedication. Relief is coming guys.

Rockerspsl

Apr 10, 2011
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Elk Neck is the only range I go to but I make it there so rarely to even shoot I'm not sure how practical an 8 hour shift for RSO is. Is there any interest in breaking up the shifts to be shorter? And I won't be back in the states till July or August so I don't know how much help I can be this year.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    Elk Neck is the only range I go to but I make it there so rarely to even shoot I'm not sure how practical an 8 hour shift for RSO is. Is there any interest in breaking up the shifts to be shorter? And I won't be back in the states till July or August so I don't know how much help I can be this year.

There is a good possibility it can be broken down. We are making automatic schedules but are very flexible. The requirement is in place to set a minimum level of volunteer time that has to be met in order to make sure all RSO's pull their own weight. That way no one is getting free range privileges without committing some time.

The RSO program operates year round. So if you are interested, just let us know when you get back in the states.

Thanks
    Chris

Rockerspsl

Apr 10, 2011
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I don't mind spending a weekend or two on the RSO training. So where is the training being held and how often? And I'm sure I can make it up to ENSF once every month or two to shoot one day and be an RSO the next.

Big_Leo

May 8, 2011
    Could I get the info in a pm. Need a location too. I'm interested and could dedicate a weekend a month if i could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom