• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Does not anyone scroll through the entire listings of the classified ads? Or is it a habit to just fixate on the first page of listings and then leave?
    If one is keeping an eye out for deals daily, scrolling through the 10 pages takes too much range time.
    There is a "new listings" button though.

Honestly, I open MDS on the classifieds page and hunting ammo always seems to be the top listing so I skip and get on to the forums.

Also, I use the "new posts" button often so I guess I could just use the "New Ads" button.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    PS-- SG, thank you for starting a suggestion/comment thread in this subforum!

It's like this subforum has turned into a WC for those who don't have WC access.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Does not anyone scroll through the entire listings of the classified ads? Or is it a habit to just fixate on the first page of listings and then leave?

Sometimes I will scroll through all of them, but usually I will take a quick look until I see something I've already seen before. The daily bumping screws with that a bit.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Sometimes I will scroll through all of them, but usually I will take a quick look until I see something I've already seen before. The daily bumping screws with that a bit.
    Same.

I scroll down looking through new ads every day until I see one I recognize, then I know I've seen the rest...theoretically. This means the people bumping ads are shortcutting those who just put new ads up. I'd love to see a 10 day rule.

Bullfrog summed it up well.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I think bump every 7 days is good.
    I only look at the first page or two and often forget about an ad I was interested in, so I'd like to be reminded of an item that hasn't sold.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    You can view the classifieds by date of ad creation. Click "Filters" scroll down to "Sort By:" Change the first parameter from "last update" to "Create Date". it circumvents the whole bumping thing, makes it a lot easier to keep tabs without reading all 31 pages on a regular basis

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom