• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Douglas

Dec 26, 2005
    Arlington, VA
    Everyone in invited to a Revolver shoot we are holding at Shooters Paradise in Woodbridge on Wednesday, February 8. No prior revolver experience necessary. Everyone is welcome but its important to let the shoot's director, Mark Burns, know ahead of time that you are coming to the shoot. The format will be ICORE style targets (NRA D-1) and safety rules though no one needs to join ICORE to join us for this shoot; just bring:

-revolver of at least .32 caliber; it can be from 5 to 8 shot revolver

-holster that is a safe, strong side holster (race rigs OK, but shoulder rigs are not ok for safety reasons)

-3 or 4 speedloaders

-about 2 boxes of ammo; any type

More info on the match including sign up details can be found on the store forum at www.shootersparadise.com under ICORE and here is a direct link to that section of the forum:

http://www.shootersparadise.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Hope to see everyone there!

Douglas

PS, if you have questions about this shoot, ask away

BenReal

Jan 30, 2009
    So Shooters is open again?

I thought it never opened up again.

Someone did tell me that a limited access range had opened up down from where it once was but that the general public could not shoot there.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    The links are dead. February 8 is a Sunday, did you mean to type February 18?

"3 or 4 speedloaders" makes me suspect I'd be at a speed disadvantage with my Uberti Colt SAA or Ruger Single Six, right?

BenReal

Jan 30, 2009
    Yep,another thread I saw at on a forum that I did'nt look for.

This was in the middle of the front page of a sub forum.

My mistake again. sorry about that.

I thought it was strange because I just drove by there lastweek and the old place is still boarded up.

Really sad actually.

Douglas

Dec 26, 2005
    Arlington, VA
    Update! (2 actually):

There is going to be a new range built in the same strip mall sometime in 2009.

The new owner, Jack Anderson I think, is in no way associated with the last owners of Shooters Paradise (Coastal Security).

He has obtained a special use permit from the county, and the local police signed off on the deal after the new owner agreed to let them build a police sub-station right in the facility.

VCDL has helped out a lot with getting the special use permit. They have more info on their website.

Plans are for 3 bays with about 10 lanes each. There should be some rifle-capable bays too.

I am now running USPSA shoots at Silver Eagle Group in Ashburn, VA, and my good friend Jay is running IDPA at SEG too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom