• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    'pete's post above appears to address " bad guys getting more powerful & dangerous " .

It's the not enforcing and wink wink , nod nod quasi allowing that increase the power and profits of the traffickers .

For real legalization , would see the recreational drug induatry resembling the alcoholic beverage industry . Overwhelming run by large corporations , not ad hoc gangs .

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    Don't know if this is related but driving down PA ave. in Westminster around 2:30 a good section of the ave. was blocked by many West. City PoPO and Sheriffs' office cars and area was swarming with cops in bullet proof vests and going in to one house wearing nitrile gloves. Anybody have more info?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    i have skin in this game , a family member is in rehab now , i pray to god he stays with it , was , is a good person , just wandered down the wrong path , i truly hope he can stay sober .

Prayers up. It’s a tough road. This shit has grabbed many a good person and swallowed their souls.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    i have skin in this game , a family member is in rehab now , i pray to god he stays with it , was , is a good person , just wandered down the wrong path , i truly hope he can stay sober .

If you make it to Essen Room on 4/24, it will be my privilege to buy you lunch.

In my salad days, I would say tough shit, but as I get long in the tooth (and stroke addled) I'm trying to be more sympathetic.

G-d bless you your friend.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    eruby , how are you doing ? hope all is well . i won't make the get together but say hi to all .

noloader

Jeff Not G
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2022
    Pasadena, MD
    ... The police are the at the bottom of the system and only enforce and report facts. The rest of the judicial participants is the system that let america down...

At its core, addiction is a medical problem. Addicts need treatment from folks in the medical community. Putting an addict in jail almost always does nothing to help the problem.

Police will be on the front line. They are the boots on the ground. They will be the ones who make contact, identify and addict, and start an addict down the road to recovery.

I think what happens next is the problem. After the police do the work of making contact and identifying someone who needs treatment, they system mishandles the addict.

Some addicts will resist treatment and refuse to get well. I've known several alcoholics who are like that. They have half a dozen DUI's and a swelled up liver but continue to drink. At that point, society needs to be protected from them. Put them in a low security jail to protect us and them from themselves. Just a jail for people like white collar criminals; not a gladiator academy.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    he fell from grace , the rehab thankfully caught him . it's a shitshow . i hope he will at least try to provide to try .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom