• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I shoot the regular federal bulk every once in a while, and I shoot federal 9mm all the time, but I've never tried this stuff. It's a pretty decent deal, and I'm waiting for a 22/45 to come in that I plan on shooting quite a lot. I only have around 2 1/2 to 3k rounds of 22 sitting around, and I'd feel more comfortable at closer to 10k.

http://www.glensoutdoors.com/Americ...2-LR-40-Grain-Solid-p/ae5022.htm?1=1&CartID=0

compare to cci blazer, perhaps?

On a side note, what happened to all those $15 bricks of cci I was seeing not too long ago, this was the best deal I could find.

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Maybe I've gotten extrememly unlucky, but I've had more duds with Fed American Eagle .22 than I have had with the walmart special federal bulk. In one 50 rd box, I have about 10 ftf, that my single six couldn't even fire. I chalked it up to a crappy box, but got a few more ftfs a few weeks later. Since then, I've given up on it.

One thing I will say, it groups a little worse than mini-mags, and a better than the bulk crap I usually use (fed or remmy).

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I purchase them and they shoot great out of my 10/22.
    BUT here is an even better deal on Federal Champions at Cabelas.... and shipping is only $5 if you purchase over $99..
    14 boxes (5250 rounds) is $150.46, definitely a better deal than the others

Just ordered 50 boxes for the Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club Women On Target program! Cannot beat the price, especially the shipping!

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Just ordered 19 boxes (16 for me, 3 for a buddy), used the coupon code, and holy cow what a deal. over 7k for 200 bucks? You just cant beat that with a stick. With as busy as school and work keep me, that much ammo will last me for quite a while(unfortunately?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom