• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    So, it's been YEARS since I've got to shoot. Only place around me is an indoor range (Fred's) that goes to 50 ft. So, I packed up my two SBRs (new to me...first ones...Woooo!) that haven't been shot, and off I went.

The main goal was to make sure they were functioning as they should and try to get sighted in.

First up....PSA 10.5" with Holosun 510gr
    -One weird malf with a 30rnd Pmag. Fired, but the spent casing actually went back under the mag feed lips. Other than that it was shooting a couple of inches low, but I didn't have a tool to adjust the optic.

Second...my home-assembled 11.5" A1. BA barrel, Luth upper, Nitrided Microbest bcg, RTB branded LPK with Schmid nickel-teflon trigger group. H3 buffer.
    -SMOOOTH. Also shot a couple of inches low, and left my sight tool at home :tinfoil2:. Got the rear sight adjusted for windage though.

Overall, I'm happy! This is the first upper I built from just parts, so I'm stoked. After a couple of years, it gets easy to get bogged down with shit you read on the forums about parts/gear/etc/ . Ultimately, get out there and shoot. It's fun.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Cool, also you can use a round to adjust the front sight, push the detent with the bullet and turn it.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    That’s exactly what I did. Why so scared?
    1680784660339.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom