• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I haven't seen any mention of 'space blankets'. They are invaluable for warding off shock. They take less room than a packet of chest seals.

Also, if you find that you don't have enough chest seals for a situation, don't be afraid to cut them in half.

flhspete

Feb 20, 2021
    Depends what you are planning to have to deal with.
    KISS.
    or you'll end up buying and hauling around a bunch of stuff (all good) and not be able to find what you are looking for at the moment it's needed.
    I carry both a CAT tq and a SOF-TW. two is one. one is for me the other is for you (or whoever I'm with). Protocol is that if first doesn't get job done, add another.
    if you are familiar with both tq's, you will notice you are able to self apply the CAT faster and easier vs the SOF-TW. It is bc of the materials used.
    So, here are the items I concern myself with. All the things that will save you. So i cocnern myself only with injuries that will kill you. Otherwise, i can drive myself home or to hospital.
    1. tq's; 2.chest seals; 3. combat gauze aka: hemostatic dressings (there are basically two types, both work, don't over think this); 4. shears (MEDICAL shears. you can fly commercially with them bc they are blunted bc they are medical. they can cut thru a quarter. they are as sharp as sharp gets)If you can't see the wound you probably won't see it / treat it correctly; 5. decompression needle (don't carry one unless you have been trained); 6. sharpie w/ duct tape on bottom half. I wrap the duct tape around the bottom of sharpie and get a nice long length of tape that otherwise i wouldn't have handy. 7. Mini 270 lumen rechargeable StreamLight Microstream flashlight (*about same size as a short pencil, about $30 amazon). Having light might just be what is needed. The small size allows me to use my mouth and two hands. Small is good enough. It lights up my driveway at night. I carry this daily on my ankle. weighs only about 1.2 lbs. Is enough to manage 1-2 injured. I'm not trying to save world. I don't need a lot of stuff. Fight with what you have. If it's in the trunk, you have to run to the car.......when the shooting starts, where are you and where is your EDC? If you feel better, leave a backpack with all kinds of supplies in it.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    Has anyone used/evaluated the smaller 5.5" shears rather than the 7.5"? It is more compact.
    It's what I use, because of the compact nature. I use the ones off countycomm, cheap enough I bought a test pair. They worked on every piece of trash/scrap denim, cotton, synthetic, and leather I tried them on. Certainly a speed tradeoff though, lose 2" every cut, it adds up.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    So do you have a specific pack that you use to carry this on your ankle?
    I have one of these. I know the guy who invented it...

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Has anyone used/evaluated the smaller 5.5" shears rather than the 7.5"? It is more compact.
    Folding shears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom