• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I went to Loch Raven skeet and trap to shoot with the owner of the company I work part time for. I’ve shot skeet and sporting clays but had never tried trap. I really enjoyed it and did ok. My last round I shot 23 out of 25. We were shooting the wobble trap house so I shot over those low flyers a few times. I was shooting my 72 year old browning A5 lite with a fixed full choke but I held my own against my boss who was shooting a single shot that looked like it was engineered by the same guys who designed the space station. He used to shoot competitively so it would seem he was heavily invested in it. I think I may have even impressed some old timers shooting my vintage iron.
    I did a lot of waterfowl hunting with the old browning last year and now getting out to the range with it, I got to say it is one of the best shooting shotguns I have shot. I just seems to fit me well and points naturally. I may not even bother with any of my high dollar waterfowl guns whenever I get them back.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Trap is a good shooting skill to have. Much more than going to a range and shooting paper from a table for sure!
    23 out of 25 is impressive. And with a classic C&R Shotgun no less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom