• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VHT4ME

Jan 7, 2021
    These are being produced in very small batches. I was following their post on reddit and blem and new stock were selling out immediately. The retro carry handle craze is still fairly strong. I was bidding on an A2 stripped upper on GB and I stopped at $170.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    i got an a2 from rock river arms over the summer. i also have another on back order from them but who knows when it will ever show up. thunder tactical had some a2s go on sale recently but now they are all on back order. i wonder if the craze will flip again or will it stay like this.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I think the H&Rs at Palmetto are being run by the folks from Nodak Spud whose business was bought by PSA recently. I think PSA may have bought the H&R name so they could use that name on the new Retro line that the Nodak guys bring their experience to.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I remember about 10 years or so ago that I was looking for one to build a new upper. I ended up getting one from another member here. Still works. Took almost a year to get that upper complete.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Why? You can get a carry handle to attach to a flat-top. Maybe it is time to sell my pair of Colts with integrated carry handles?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I think the H&Rs at Palmetto are being run by the folks from Nodak Spud whose business was bought by PSA recently. I think PSA may have bought the H&R name so they could use that name on the new Retro line that the Nodak guys bring their experience to.
    Correct on all counts

Its Nodak Spud just ramped up to real production levels

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    And I already have these ...
    rifle-556-psa.jpg
    sbr-556-colt.jpeg

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Correct on all counts

Its Nodak Spud just ramped up to real production levels
    I’d like to see if they offer a 601/602 slick upper. The one I got had some imperfection upon final finish that was blamed on the particular supplier they used to have in the NoDak days. Last I checked at PSA I did not see a slick upper.

I don’t they’ll have all the products they had at NoDak right away.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Thread title is misleading....how are fixed carry handle A1 uppers a better option for fixed carry handle A1 uppers? LOL. That being said, I like the ones from Luth AR as they have M4 ramps cut in them which gives you more barrel options.

I8SMpllh.jpg

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Thread title is misleading....how are fixed carry handle A1 uppers a better option for fixed carry handle A1 uppers? LOL. That being said, I like the ones from Luth AR as they have M4 ramps cut in them which gives you more barrel options.

I8SMpllh.jpg
    Yes. What I mean is better options than Shark Arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom