FL CCW - Looking for all inclusive class.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ovid

Nov 19, 2011
    Reisterstown
    Pretty self explanatory. I have a trip to Florida coming up and I regularly visit family in the area. Anyone offering classes, or know of any coming up?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    The TX all online hunter safety class will satisfy the training requirement. I commend you for taking additional training to learn all the rules and responsibilities, but I just wanted to let you know.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    The TX all online hunter safety class will satisfy the training requirement. I commend you for taking additional training to learn all the rules and responsibilities, but I just wanted to let you know.

Sorry, but I am 100% against this. We don't need more people getting concealed carry permits for self-defense based upon a video that taught them how to put their tree stand up correctly.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    While I am massivly in favor of everyone learning useful and important knowledege and skills on a wise and volentary basis , a Fundamental Right is a Fundamental Right.

Even on a Rational Basis aproach there is no statistical difference in accidental shooting , or mistaken shootings between States with No training , States with laughably vague and trivial training requirements , and those with explicit training requirements.

No offense to our fine Instructors , and everyone please patronize them volentarily to gain useful knowledege , and important skills.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    I took the Utah classroom course with Proshooter several months ago. One day was the course and the next day was the Florida live fire course. Classroom time was at the Bass Pro shop and the outdoor range was very close by. I would recommend them highly. Well organized and informative. I got the passport photos done at a local CVS for 85 cents each. Make an overnighter out of it. Shop Bass Pro and hit Greentop while you're there.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Dukes Defense offers FL/UT/HQL all in one course I believe. Kevin is great!

Laurel PD will do standard fingerprinting.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    I took the Utah classroom course with Proshooter several months ago. One day was the course and the next day was the Florida live fire course. Classroom time was at the Bass Pro shop and the outdoor range was very close by. I would recommend them highly. Well organized and informative. I got the passport photos done at a local CVS for 85 cents each. Make an overnighter out of it. Shop Bass Pro and hit Greentop while you're there.

Thank you for the mention, basscat! It was a pleasure having you in class and at the range!

Jim

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Sorry, but I am 100% against this. We don't need more people getting concealed carry permits for self-defense based upon a video that taught them how to put their tree stand up correctly.

I'm not that into hunting, but I read somewhere tree stands are a factor in a lot of accidents.

Ovid

Nov 19, 2011
    Reisterstown
    I will be taking a class regardless, as I personally think it would me irresponsible on a personal level to take a firearm out into public with zero formal training.

That being said, time is of a slight concern if I want to get a permit before my trip I may make use of this to get the paperwork submitted and take a class before I make the trip. I have had a Maryland hunting license since ~2000 (I was really young, I don't remember the year :o) when I took the Maryland Hunter Safety Course. There was a live fire field day, but I have no clue where either my hunter safety card or certificate is. Would my hunting license be proof enough? If not, and I do use the TX all online class, I was under the impression that FL required a live fire portion to qualify? Is that not correct?

We offer the Florida permit training.
    Awesome, I'll very likely be in with a friend in the near future =D

Thanks for all the help and support everyone, it's very appreciated!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    If I already have a UT CCW what do I have to do for FL? NRA First Steps I assume but do finger prints have to be done at a police station. Can they be done at CJIS or MVA?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    If I already have a UT CCW what do I have to do for FL? NRA First Steps I assume but do finger prints have to be done at a police station. Can they be done at CJIS or MVA?

Live fire and fingerprint is all you need since you have UT. Check with your UT instructor to see if they will do the live fire for FL.

Fingerprints must be printed onto cards for FL non-resident. Most places can do this. Laurel PD does it.

Last edited:

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT

I am all for people seeking training. I am all against government mandated training. How do you feel about VA OC?

While I am massivly in favor of everyone learning useful and important knowledege and skills on a wise and volentary basis , a Fundamental Right is a Fundamental Right.

Even on a Rational Basis aproach there is no statistical difference in accidental shooting , or mistaken shootings between States with No training , States with laughably vague and trivial training requirements , and those with explicit training requirements.

No offense to our fine Instructors , and everyone please patronize them volentarily to gain useful knowledege , and important skills.

I agree wholeheartedly.

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    Call any one of the IP's here or in the area. The requirements for the NR FL permit are easily accomplished by any instructor that offers Utah and Basic Pistol or FIRST Steps. The print must be done by a LE organization, unlike Maryland or UT. And plan accordingly, the permit may take 60-90 days to arrive.

Best wishes.

-Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom