• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I am planning on building a can for my AP5 and just received the disapproval notice. The comment at the end of the form has me a little confused... "RP TAB INCOMPLETE DEMOGRAPHICS MUST MATCH FPC REFUND IN PROGRESS".
    I read this as the responsible person tab was incomplete and my demographics didn't match what was on the fingerprint card. I went over the application with a fine tooth comb and can't find anything wrong on the application. That being said, I don't have a copy of my fingerprint cards and am suspicious I either left off my: race, gender, etc. or accidentally checked a wrong box on the fingerprint cards.
    What does the MDS brain trust think I did wrong?

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I’d just call them and find out what the issue is. They have always been very polite and as helpful as you’d expect for a large government agency.

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    I am planning on building a can for my AP5 and just received the disapproval notice. The comment at the end of the form has me a little confused... "RP TAB INCOMPLETE DEMOGRAPHICS MUST MATCH FPC REFUND IN PROGRESS".
    I read this as the responsible person tab was incomplete and my demographics didn't match what was on the fingerprint card. I went over the application with a fine tooth comb and can't find anything wrong on the application. That being said, I don't have a copy of my fingerprint cards and am suspicious I either left off my: race, gender, etc. or accidentally checked a wrong box on the fingerprint cards.
    Without seeing the fingerprint cards there's no way to know. Next time take a photo of the card with your phone since you know ATF will disapprove the form and start the refund process if there's any kind of discrepancy (a "feature" introduced with eForms), so there's no fixing forms like when they were on paper.

If I had to guess based on the mistakes I've seen from my customers, you left the place of birth blank on the cards. It's right above the date of birth but not in line with anything else, so a lot of people miss it.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I am planning on building a can for my AP5 and just received the disapproval notice. The comment at the end of the form has me a little confused... "RP TAB INCOMPLETE DEMOGRAPHICS MUST MATCH FPC REFUND IN PROGRESS".
    I have been researching Form 1 suppressors. It seems the ATF denies all applications now .

I have been researching Form 1 suppressors. It seems the ATF denies all applications now .
    OP here... It is my understanding that they're denying "kits" and "solvent traps" where the person simply drills a few holes once they have their tax stamp. Mine has multiple individual parts from multiple sources, with the tri lug adaptor being the only part that was sold with the obvious intent of being incorporated into a suppressor.
    In post #1, I explained they disapproved my can because of a discrepancy between my responsible person info and my fingerprint cards. I finally have a day off tomorrow, so I will call them for clarification on what I did wrong.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    OP here... It is my understanding that they're denying "kits" and "solvent traps" where the person simply drills a few holes once they have their tax stamp. Mine has multiple individual parts from multiple sources, with the tri lug adaptor being the only part that was sold with the obvious intent of being incorporated into a suppressor.
    In post #1, I explained they disapproved my can because of a discrepancy between my responsible person info and my fingerprint cards. I finally have a day off tomorrow, so I will call them for clarification on what I did wrong.

It’s a Fed holiday tomorrow, big guy. They might not be there to answer your call.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    It has been a long time since I did a F1 suppressor but I don’t recall any questions about what I was making it out of. If I recall all they wanted was the caliber it was for, the length and the serial number I would apply to it. Nothing about materials, #of baffles or if it was mono core or any other detail really.
    Has that changed?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Antco is right. Call them Tuesday. Tomorrow is the holiday in lieu of today

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    It has been a long time since I did a F1 suppressor but I don’t recall any questions about what I was making it out of. If I recall all they wanted was the caliber it was for, the length and the serial number I would apply to it. Nothing about materials, #of baffles or if it was mono core or any other detail really.
    Has that changed?
    Yes. I read here they require an explanation of how you'll make it

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Gotcha
    I was just passing info I got from one of the Site Sponsors.
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Last I followed up with F1 questions was to a gun shop employee. I was manplained to not do a F1 under the assumption that Im going to buy a kit or a solvent trap. Probably didnt consider I was actually going to fabricate one out of scratch from a lathe. Opted to just buy a can for my AP5 and go through the 8-12 months and maybe revisit a F1 again for a 22lr build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom