• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    Yes...but never underestimate the power of denial. The folks pushing SB 281 have done a pretty good job of ignoring the groundswell of opposition and focusing on their sycophants.

Six moms with strollers got more press than hundreds wearing "2014" stickers.

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    Yes...but never underestimate the power of denial. The folks pushing SB 281 have done a pretty good job of ignoring the groundswell of opposition and focusing on their sycophants.

Six moms with strollers got more press than hundreds wearing "2014" stickers.

I have no doubt that this will have no effect on the outcome of SB281. I just like the fact 2A is getting positive media. A lot of good question where asked and points made. The psychologist that was a panelist was pretty good

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    I have no doubt that this will have no effect on the outcome of SB281. I just like the fact 2A is getting positive media. A lot of good question where asked and points made. The psychologist that was a panelist was pretty good

Shooter...I was more bellyaching than opposing your point.

I was also excited by the pro 2A response. The psychologist was surprisingly good...articulate, fair, and played the middle ground really well. Perhaps we are biased but it seemed he was more on our side.

Did you see the last woman who couldn't form a question despite 3 prods, and once her question was restated by the NRA rep, she disagreed with her own question? Another idiot from the "MOM" group. Hahaha!

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    Is anyone else watching this? It seems to be overwhelming pro 2A. I like it.

Thank you for posting this as I was unaware it had taken place. I viewed the debate and found the majority of the audience and the social media attendees were pro 2A. What I truly found valuable was to listen to each of the panel members as it gave me a much better feel for what their views are. Vinny DeMarco comes across to me as the classic progressive who has all his talking points in order as evidenced by his repeating over and over the same talking points and his attempt to always get the last word in. What I enjoyed was when the one firearms instructor hammered him on his misrepresentations which impact his credibility. This is exactly what should and needs to be done.

This was my first opportunity to hear Shannon Alford and I felt she was articulate as well and countered the opposition very well. It was also good to hear the Psychiatrist provide his views on many of the mental health issues as the relate to gun violence since nobody seems to truly care about this important topic even though everyone says that it is important.

If anything it showed me that advocates of SB281 and our legislators in Annapolis are not paying attention to it's citizens because they feel that the momentum is with them. I hope that in the days to come we Marylanders will prove them wrong.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    The FOX45 Town Hall meeting was definitely slanted pro2A, via attendance and the moderator (to a lesser extent). Yeah, madmattinmd (a forum member and fellow firearms instructor) chewed Vinnie a new ******* at that meeting. I didn't have the chance to speak (making statements with a follow up question) as we ran out of allotted time as the crazy cat lady stuttered and stammered next to forever and never really made any point or had a legitimate question.

rmdashrf

Dec 8, 2012
    Carroll
    i only caught the end of this yesterday, but I was enraged when the question was asked about the 2A rights of future generations.

I dont know who the clown was that answered, but saying our future descendents rights is a fair trade for his safety made me nearly throw my tablet at the wall.

like i said in public testimony, take no comfort in grandfathering. it is a war of attrition where we end up losing no matter what.

obnoxious2

Jan 18, 2013
    district 21 - hunger games
    i only caught the end of this yesterday, but I was enraged when the question was asked about the 2A rights of future generations.

I dont know who the clown was that answered, but saying our future descendents rights is a fair trade for his safety made me nearly throw my tablet at the wall.

like i said in public testimony, take no comfort in grandfathering. it is a war of attrition where we end up losing no matter what.

Should have told that dude no where in the Constitution does it guarantee his safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom